Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
View attachment 807394
View attachment 807395
I am too far north to worry about that I think. I do want the front ”bra” of protective film though, as Idaho is rock chip land, and that blunt front nose without a grill looks real vulnerable. Not enjoying the estimates for that stuff, but I don’t think I am a good Enough DIY’r for that sort of project, and the difference in cost isn’t worth it to me, as long as it gets done well.
So after I installed the small rear PPF from Tesla. That goes over the rear corner door panel. I fill like I can do the bumper myself. I think I would need my wife are someone else’s help to hold the bra. But it’s easy. You just make a slip solution. Spray the hell out of it and the car. Then slide it a round. Tack one area. With the squeegee. It makes it stick. As you push the slip solution out from in between the panel and the ppf. I might buy the bumper or front panels for $300 and try it out. I was quoted $700-1500 to get someone to do it.

So after I installed the small rear PPF from Tesla. That goes over the rear corner door panel. I feel like I can do the bumper myself. I think I would need my wife are someone else’s help to hold the bra. But it’s easy. You just make a slip solution. Spray the hell out of it and the car. Then slide it a round. Tack one area. With the squeegee. It makes it stick. As you push the slip solution out from in between the panel and the ppf. I might buy the bumper or front panels for $300 and try it out. I was quoted $700-1500 to get someone to do it.

Has anyone that received their Y seen this ?
Does this supposed to be covered with rubber or plastic?
1653251589805.jpeg

1653251610096.jpeg

It’s on both sides. I’m thinking it should have some plastics on it. Idk.

Update: EDD has shifted from a more specific range to a more rather "generic" range. It has happened before then after a few days it will get more precise again. Still find this very odd. Anyways, current range says Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.......

OD: 11/21/2021
Initial EDD: June 2022
Current EDD: Sep 09-Nov 04

Update: EDD has shifted from a more specific range to a more rather "generic" range. It has happened before then after a few days it will get more precise again. Still find this very odd. Anyways, current range says Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.......

OD: 11/21/2021
Initial EDD: June 2022
Current EDD: Sep 09-Nov 04
SA told me that when that happens they are doing a recalibration and it should change back to something closer soon.

So this is our first new Tesla since our delivery of the M.3 in March of 2019.
Sales delivery service apparently isn't what it used to be LOL.
Just got our VIN today (sunday) - the one day I didn't check the app as a part of a routine.
Original order was on 11/04/21.
Shifting EDD was benign versus others that were all over the place. I think our shifted only 3x with latest for a Sept time frame.

So now, the EDD in the app is very tight - to the week; May 26th -June 1st.
When we are on vacation until June 6th ugh!

Just did my loan app with DCU on line.
Paperwork in Tesla app is "Paying by cash & $X amount due"
Have to take care of a few loose ends to get liquid for my down payment (60% down).
No call or text from Tesla Sales Advisor.

What are my chances that the EDD is true above?
Can I lollygag on my paperwork - not do it right away to nudge the Delivery date back a little?
Am a little nervous about pickup or being put back of the line.

Reactions: Stardew and Jones1
Honestly, I thought it would bad. It was about 98 in Houston. I could barely see the sun through the glass. I think it’s a waste of time and money. I was quoted $500 to tint the roof. When I asked about tint on the side front windows. I’ll wait and see how it feels in August. But in May. It won’t pull the money out of my wallet. 😆
You are still tinting the front/rears and both wondshields, correct? Or is it not noticeable enough to bother even with Houston heat?

Reactions: Jones1
You are still tinting the front/rears and both wondshields, correct? Or is it not noticeable enough to bother even with Houston heat?
I will only tint the front two windows for privacy. No rush either. I’m definitely not tinting the rear doors or the rear hatch. The only heat or Sun I feel. Comes from the front of the Y. I can barley see through the roof it’s more reflective than anything.

Reactions: MMDTX
So this is our first new Tesla since our delivery of the M.3 in March of 2019.
Sales delivery service apparently isn't what it used to be LOL.
Just got our VIN today (sunday) - the one day I didn't check the app as a part of a routine.
Original order was on 11/04/21.
Shifting EDD was benign versus others that were all over the place. I think our shifted only 3x with latest for a Sept time frame.

So now, the EDD in the app is very tight - to the week; May 26th -June 1st.
When we are on vacation until June 6th ugh!

Just did my loan app with DCU on line.
Paperwork in Tesla app is "Paying by cash & $X amount due"
Have to take care of a few loose ends to get liquid for my down payment (60% down).
No call or text from Tesla Sales Advisor.

What are my chances that the EDD is true above?
Can I lollygag on my paperwork - not do it right away to nudge the Delivery date back a little?
Am a little nervous about pickup or being put back of the line.
You will probably have your Pick window start at the first day of your EDD. You will have a 3 day window. Maybe you can call the service center and try to pick up before you leave. Good luck.

Reactions: VQTRVA
I will only tint the front two windows for privacy. No rush either. I’m definitely not tinting the rear doors or the rear hatch. The only heat or Sun I feel. Comes from the front of the Y. I can barley see through the roof it’s more reflective than anything.
Thanks for the tip! I originally had tint as number one on my list, but will likely bump down to “meh/optional”

Thinking that a full set of mats, seat back protector to minimize damage from the kids, extra storage for Sentry, a rear shelf, data connectivity in the center console, and a few organizer bins will be my starting point.

Round two likely to be ambient/puddle lighting, Homelink, and an old school key fob because I’m a Luddite at heart.

Last edited:
I need a miracle!

My much loved and abused Mini acted out further, expressing its dismay at its coming abandonment, this weekend by having the AC fail as the temperature went up to 96. This is on top of the failed safety inspection. It will now cost about 3x the trade-in value to fix it. I figured I could squeak an extra month in by getting a failed inspection sticker at the end of the month that would be good for 30 days, but driving without AC makes that much less palatable. Gotten so soft in my old age!

Driving my big truck that gets 10 mpg with diesel at $6.25 a gallon is also increasingly unappetizing.

Best solution is for a lightning strike from the random number generator at Tesla to deliver me a miracle car.

Delivery question since this is new again for me, trying anticipate what I need to fulfill; no DD confirmed yet only VIN & EDD:

My name is on the order & purchase agreement but I might be out of town if the Y is delivered in these next 2 weeks.
Can my wife pick it up or do I have to change name on paperwork and switch to a joint loan (DCU)?

What kind of setback is this?
Back of the line like a new order?
Or just delayed a few weeks as they sort things out?

Delivery question since this is new again for me, trying anticipate what I need to fulfill; no DD confirmed yet only VIN & EDD:

My name is on the order & purchase agreement but I might be out of town if the Y is delivered in these next 2 weeks.
Can my wife pick it up or do I have to change name on paperwork and switch to a joint loan (DCU)?

What kind of setback is this?
Back of the line like a new order?
Or just delayed a few weeks as they sort things out?
I'd ask my SA if they accept a power of attorney. It sounds like some locations were allowing POAs and other locations were a bit more problematic.

Reactions: VQTRVA