Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Argh. I’m maybe 5-10 miles from the Plano SC and it’s what I picked during ordering. Texted this morning to see if I could pick up any earlier than my Saturday evening delivery time. 🤞
As expected, response from Tesla was a canned text that more or less said "you get what we say you get and you will like it."

Crickets to my question about why I received forced home delivery.

I texted my SA this morning, he said i should have a VIN by end of week, how can he know or say this? Ugh the wait continues.
Because the system has a field called factory gated date. It's when their internal planning system anticipates the vehicle will be built. This is separate from the EDD you see. I've had EDDs I knew were very low probability of being real because they were prior to the factory gated date (it can move like EDD, the point is they aren't specifically linked). This date, which they aren't supposed to tell you, is also referred to as a Soft Match date.

Because the system has a field called factory gated date. It's when their internal planning system anticipates the vehicle will be built. This is separate from the EDD you see. I've had EDDs I knew were very low probability of being real because they were prior to the factory gated date (it can move like EDD, the point is they aren't specifically linked). This date, which they aren't supposed to tell you, is also referred to as a Soft Match date.
Wow i had no idea, thats great to know

EDD got pushed out this morning -
Previous: 6/10-7/15
New: 6/22-7/20

OD:11/15/21 | MYLR5 | BLUE/BLK | 19” | No Tow No FSD

*Sigh*
Same model and EDD for me. It was pushed to Jul/Aug last week and now it’s pulled to Jun/Jul.
Maybe they’re building the Blues now!
Can’t believe it’s June already. EDD when I ordered car was Mar/Apr!

Reactions: radium22