Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good times on delivery day. We confirmed delivery at the SC this afternoon, but got a call this morning asking if they could deliver early. Apparently no one had any record of the change to our delivery even though it was (and still is) reflected in the app as SC delivery and they plan to bring it to us whether we like it or not.

Excited to finally get the car, but the forced home delivery thing is really annoying. Especially after we'd arranged child care for our original time at the SC so we could thoroughly inspect the car before we drove off.

Took delivery this afternoon at home. Car is 10/10. Home delivery included a walk around and an orientation/setup of the car for both me and the wife.

About to head out on our first drive after getting the accessories installed:
-SSD for Sentry/Dashcam
-Seatback covers to protect from kid-related scuffs
-Seat protectors under the car seats
-Tesla Shields F/R mud flaps
-Tesla Shields mats
-Retractable parcel cover

Decided to wait on the data transmission module to see if I really miss that functionality as I expect I'll load up the secondary partition on the SSD with music and just use bluetooth/wireless charging for SXM via my phone.

Unexpectedly received a message today from Tesla, that I can get accelerated delivery choosing from Austin made models. Looks like this is a future coming "Standart Range" model. An interesting note is "Model Y All-Wheel Drive $3500 more". What does that mean? That if I want all wheel drive it's $3500 extra, otherwise, it will be rear-wheel drive? Very confusing...
Anyway... I probably pass by, and going to wait for the Long Range option... even I wanted the car with 4680 cells, and most likely the Austin trim comest with 4680s. But 50-mile difference in range it's a pretty big difference.
| Tesla 2022-06-04 16-11-19.png

An interesting note is "Model Y All-Wheel Drive $3500 more". What does that mean? That if I want all wheel drive it's $3500 extra, otherwise, it will be rear-wheel drive? Very confusing..
The left and right side of that line are not related. The $ more is how much more it will cost than your existing order. It varies depending on options; wheels, color, tow, etc.

All the options are AWD.

Reactions: Stardew and Art84
Unexpectedly received a message today from Tesla, that I can get accelerated delivery choosing from Austin made models. Looks like this is a future coming "Standart Range" model. An interesting note is "Model Y All-Wheel Drive $3500 more". What does that mean? That if I want all wheel drive it's $3500 extra, otherwise, it will be rear-wheel drive? Very confusing...
Anyway... I probably pass by, and going to wait for the Long Range option... even I wanted the car with 4680 cells, and most likely the Austin trim comest with 4680s. But 50-mile difference in range it's a pretty big difference.
View attachment 812677
I don't think I would take the offer either. I read somewhere they planned to offer 1 yr connectivity for those mutants.

Took delivery this afternoon at home. Car is 10/10. Home delivery included a walk around and an orientation/setup of the car for both me and the wife.

About to head out on our first drive after getting the accessories installed:
-SSD for Sentry/Dashcam
-Seatback covers to protect from kid-related scuffs
-Seat protectors under the car seats
-Tesla Shields F/R mud flaps
-Tesla Shields mats
-Retractable parcel cover

Decided to wait on the data transmission module to see if I really miss that functionality as I expect I'll load up the secondary partition on the SSD with music and just use bluetooth/wireless charging for SXM via my phone.
Congratulations! Great to hear about the build quality. It makes me nervous if the Tesla location got my delivery update (pushed it a day early so I can be at the service center in case anything was wrong). Enjoy and I'll see you on the road soon in DFW.

Reactions: MMDTX