Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was going to stick with my AAA insurance but went with Costco. I'm under $100/month with top coverage and lowest deductible.

Insane savings AND extra coverage I was really surprised.
Oh I didn’t even think about Costco! I’ll have to check them out.

Re GoElectric: As long as you have an existing insurance plan that you’re not planning to immediately cancel, you don’t need to rush getting new insurance or putting the car on it as you have approximately a month where you’re covered. I wanted to get ahead of it the day before delivery and AAA basically told me to wait a bit as it’ll save me some money, and what if I end up deciding not to keep the car or something didn’t look right at delivery. Finally they need your mileage to add it to the policy so at the very least you need it in hand. That’s probably why Tesla just validates that you have “some” insurance policy prior to delivery.

Reactions: Stardew
Ordered nov 21 , received EDD and vin dec 15 , refused / postponed because original EDD was June and possible tax credit. Received new EDD in feb . Refused postponed again. Changed color from msm/white to white/white no other options.
Received new vin July 27 . EDD 8-15 . All paperwork completed, home delivery 8-15 to New Hampshire from New Jersey.
Trading in 2018 LR dual motor w/ autopilot dec build model 3 in showroom condition, 22500 miles, $46000 msm/ white . Comments welcomed
How did you get so many VINs? You must be doing something right? :)

Oh I didn’t even think about Costco! I’ll have to check them out.

Re GoElectric: As long as you have an existing insurance plan that you’re not planning to immediately cancel, you don’t need to rush getting new insurance or putting the car on it as you have approximately a month where you’re covered. I wanted to get ahead of it the day before delivery and AAA basically told me to wait a bit as it’ll save me some money, and what if I end up deciding not to keep the car or something didn’t look right at delivery. Finally they need your mileage to add it to the policy so at the very least you need it in hand. That’s probably why Tesla just validates that you have “some” insurance policy prior to delivery.
Excellent, thanks

Interesting - A week after changing my seats to white my EDD moved up from 12/9-1/14 to 9/9-10/14. 3 months ! No VIN yet. Also interesting that the SA or system took away my edit button on the config screen after the EDD change. I need to call them and get it back for more changes. As me and my partner are arguing on exterior and interior colors. Just extended my M3 lease by 6 months from the app, so in no rush anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: KWC_Diu
I just got my first two week window as you can see in my signature. This means nothing according to the majority of you but it is still exciting none the less that my range pulled in a little. However, all that excitement was crushed when I called my Tesla delivery service center in Eden Prairie MN. The SA said that they just started filling orders for 7-seaters ordered in August!!! of last year....OUCH! She did seem a little upbeat that they would be catching up but I don't see how getting my 7-seater in August or September is possible if my OD is mid November. Tesla estimation software sucks, makes no sense how they can have so much tech in the car but such horrible tech behind their delivery system. I know I'm preaching to the choir.

She said that the only way to get the "potential" rebate next year was to have an order date after 1/1/2023. Delaying your order would not qualify. Tesla will likely raise their price if their cars qualify anyway. She said that as of right now you can turn down 1 VIN and if you delay or or reject a second VIN then Tesla will cancel your order.

• Informative
Reactions: Art84
I just got my first two week window as you can see in my signature. This means nothing according to the majority of you but it is still exciting none the less that my range pulled in a little. However, all that excitement was crushed when I called my Tesla delivery service center in Eden Prairie MN. The SA said that they just started filling orders for 7-seaters ordered in August!!! of last year....OUCH! She did seem a little upbeat that they would be catching up but I don't see how getting my 7-seater in August or September is possible if my OD is mid November. Tesla estimation software sucks, makes no sense how they can have so much tech in the car but such horrible tech behind their delivery system. I know I'm preaching to the choir.

She said that the only way to get the "potential" rebate next year was to have an order date after 1/1/2023. Delaying your order would not qualify. Tesla will likely raise their price if their cars qualify anyway. She said that as of right now you can turn down 1 VIN and if you delay or or reject a second VIN then Tesla will cancel your order.
I am seeing people getting 7 seaters ordered on 12/21 without FSD. I hope you get it soon.

SAs don’t know what they are saying? It’s like a lottery now. I wouldn’t take their word seriously.

SAs don’t know what they are saying? It’s like a lottery now. I wouldn’t take their word seriously.
for sure... also her words that in order to qualify for $7500 (potential) rebate the order have to be placed after 1/1/2023, which is not true.
Here is how sounds the original text of the bill:
"IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in paragraphs (2), (3), (4), and (5), the amendments made by this section shall apply to vehicles placed in service after December 31, 2022"

It does not say anything, that vehicle should be ordered after 1/1/2023. It says that it should be "placed in service", or in other words be delivered to the customer after December 31, 2022.

Reactions: anapon
for sure... also her words that in order to qualify for $7500 (potential) rebate the order have to be placed after 1/1/2023, which is not true.
Here is how sounds the original text of the bill:
"IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in paragraphs (2), (3), (4), and (5), the amendments made by this section shall apply to vehicles placed in service after December 31, 2022"

It does not say anything, that vehicle should be ordered after 1/1/2023. It says that it should be "placed in service", or in other words be delivered to the customer after December 31, 2022.
True. It’s only at the time of delivery.

Pick up my MYLR, the panel gap is much better than the 2021 and 2020 I had. Found a chip on the hood and Tesla agree to fix it post delivery.

IMG_7818.jpg

IMG_7822.jpg

Absolutely love the new AMD processor! Time to graduate from this thread, until the next one!