Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I didn't get the car. The EDD has changed to Sept 12 - Sept 16. I really hope to get it this week. There are apparently hundreds of cars of all different makes at the Jersey railyard waiting to be off loaded and delivered. Labor shortage?
Just now checked my EDD has now changed Sep12-18.
This is new nightmare people have to deal with.
And to think that railroad strike hasn’t even started yet, it may get worse

Reactions: Patelmilan15
Took delivery yesterday of this beauty. Everything went great. Only 4 miles on the car. Matrix projector headlights and new interior door trim. No mobile charger but they gave a 200 tesla store credit. Came with the J adapter and a front license plate mount that sticks on with double sided tape (I won't be using it.) The car drove great! I am having full frontal PPF and window tint done. The interior looked spotless, no issues at all. The exterior had a few minor issues that I have created a service request along with my home link installation.
Missing paint spot on driver side door. Front windshield driver side trim molding misaligned. Scratch in the well of rear passenger door. Paint spec on plastic foot entry of rear driver side door. Minor scuff on passenger rear tail light.

The gaps between the rear tail lights and trunk were rather large but just under the tesla 5mil spec.

I consider this stuff to be very minor and hopefully telsa will quickly correct it.
I picked up my car yesterday after the service request above. They fixed all the minor issues in the single service request I created. In addition I decided to express my concern about the misalignment of the rear hatch to the bumper and lights. I checked several model Ys in the lot and most of them seemed much more flush. I proceeded to have them add a liftgate/bumper adjustment not knowing for sure if they would charge me. My first look in the app at the service request showed a shop time of 0.4 hours and a charge of $78. I debated whether I should remove the request because in my discussion with the service tech he indicated he wasn't sure how much he could improve it and it ran the risk of making a gap bigger elsewhere. I called the service rep to discuss it and he said the charge was a mistake and that there would be no charge, so I agree to proceed. After getting it back, the rear hatch is much better aligned and flush with bumper and tail lights. They said they adjusted the bumper and rear liftgate to align them. I am very happy with the end result and how this was dealt with. I hope other tesla service centers operate the same way.

The next minor item my daughter found on the passenger side was the mirror light being broken on the right side. Need to add that to the checklist. Once again, very minor and I will add it to the next service request when/if that happens for something more serious.

Attachments

• 20220912_080232.jpg
    20220912_080232.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: DerbyCityY
Just now checked my EDD has now changed Sep12-18.
This is new nightmare people have to deal with.
And to think that railroad strike hasn’t even started yet, it may get worse
I was picking up my car today and got text in the morning that won’t get delivered today and changed edd to sept 16-20 due to transit delays .

I was picking up my car today and got text in the morning that won’t get delivered today and changed edd to sept 16-20 due to transit delays .
Wow.. sorry to hear that. That’d massive delay. Wondering how come these transit delays are happening. Is it because Tesla underestimated their higher deliveries count from Austin and didn’t plan properly?
Did u ask them if your vehicle has left factory?

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for my first delivery date this Friday.

Reactions: Patelmilan15
Wow.. sorry to hear that. That’d massive delay. Wondering how come these transit delays are happening. Is it because Tesla underestimated their higher deliveries count from Austin and didn’t plan properly?
Did u ask them if your vehicle has left factory?

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for my first delivery date this Friday.
My vehicle left factory on august 27th according to sa and was suppose to arrive on sept 8 th but I was on vacation so scheduled delivery for 12th today sa said that there was issue with the truck in transit so logistics team working to get cars on different truck hopefully didn’t do any damage to the car

Just had our delivery day. Pickup was flawless. In and out would have been less than 30 minutes if I did not let the wife sit in her new car and oooo/ahh over it.

It is an Austin build with 2 miles on it. Both exterior and interior were free of defects. I was shocked based on what I have read from others. Not a mark, scratch, car was washed and wiped down, tires had shine. Interior had the new car smell and no marks anywhere. Could tell interior was wiped down as well. All windows, sounds, lights, & HVAC worked. Doors shut with appropriate force; paint was mint and not 1 panel gap to be found. Very pleased!!! Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 91
Just had our delivery day. Pickup was flawless. In and out would have been less than 30 minutes if I did not let the wife sit in her new car and oooo/ahh over it.

It is an Austin build with 2 miles on it. Both exterior and interior were free of defects. I was shocked based on what I have read from others. Not a mark, scratch, car was washed and wiped down, tires had shine. Interior had the new car smell and no marks anywhere. Could tell interior was wiped down as well. All windows, sounds, lights, & HVAC worked. Doors shut with appropriate force; paint was mint and not 1 panel gap to be found. Very pleased!!! Good luck everyone!
Congrats!
My Model Y was one of the first batches of white Model Y from Austin, and I found a bunch of little exterior/interior defects the next day after delivery after I carefully, without a rush, checked everything. I am glad that yours a better quality ))

Scheduled appt with service to fix all that...

Reactions: Zecher

Congratulations!! Car looks great. I am
assuming it has new door trim and cargo shelf. And no matrix lights, right?

I've been waiting since Sept 1st for the delivery. My car is also at the rail yard in NJ with no idea when it will be delivered. I don't even have a scheduled pick up date!
I really feel for ya. They call it a "potential" strike. Sounds like their union has made their point. And what a better way than keep some whiney, potential Tesla owners away from their plugin dreams.

Just got a delivery date for Saturday, Sept 17th. I hope that this is real!
Picked the car up on Friday. No matrix lights and no updated door panel. I did get the privacy panel in the trunk. Car was in great condition - no problems whatsoever. Today (Saturday) a technician came to install the homelink. What should have taken 20 minutes, actually took 2 1/2 hours. It just wouldn't take. When we finally closed the passenger door, and reopened, the homelink icon showed up! What?? We then programmed for the garage door and security gate (which also was a problem - you have to set it and then drive out of range to have it work!). But all is great now. The music system is a pain with bluetooth from the phone (what to open the music on the phone first), but it sounds great. Now it's just getting used to the regenerative braking.

Today was delivery day! 11/16/21 order date. MY build date 8/22. I rejected the MY. The build quality left much to be desired. Rear hatch would not close, took three tries every time. Passenger rear door was misalighned, passenger front seat had a tear or split seam and a nasty rusty orange stain on the bulster and frunk had alot of moisture in it. the latch could be adjusted, the frunk moisture who knowes, the seat could be replaced. Why deal with it.

It did have matrix lights, updated door trim. No cargo cover or extended rear seat carpet (by the lower rear seat post area).
Now the wait begins. The SA said maybe late November-January.
I waited this long whats a couple more months.
What say you?

Reactions: anapon