Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Now a Great Cup Holder for the S and X designed by an S owner.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you search the forums, there is another thread or two about these cup holders. I preordered them while they were still under development and received them about a month ago. I'm generally happy, but made a couple of modifications described below.

The front cup holders fit nicely into the original front cup holders. The new ones are enough further forward that they are easier to access. It becomes a bit more difficult to put something large into the yacht floor. The armrests can be slid forward or back. When back, an extra two small cup holders are accessible. The two front cup holders are purposely made different sizes. I didn't realize this until I noticed the L and S labels. At first I thought it was poor quality control. It is easy to take this cup holder in and out if desired. I leave it in all the time.

The rear cup holders double sticky tape to the top back of the rear console. There were no installation directions. If I installed it as far forward as possible, the cell phone storage box would block the air conditioning vent. Hence I installed it an inch or two further back than that. This left it feeling rather floppy to me so I got some scrap wood, cut quarter inch square rods and epoxied two of them to run horizontally from the bottom of the cup holder to push against either side of the AC vent.

I found the L cup holder was the perfect size for the large soda cups from fast food places, while the S was too small for that. I used a heat gun to soften the plastic on the S side and bent out the top part of the S cup holders. Now it is perfect for my wife and I.

While I would be happier if the rear cup holders had come with support feet like the front ones so that I didn't have to make my own and if both holders were sized for large cups, I am happy I bought them and would do so again, even knowing of these minor deficiencies. The color and texture of the plastic looks similar to other plastics in the Tesla so they do not look like cheap after market junk.

Just received mine today. Generally happy it fits nicely however I wouldn't get the wrap again. The holder came already wrapped (I thought I could do it myself) and the wrap already had a crease in one spot and the wrap just looks very cheap and cheesy in my opinion. I am wondering if I can peel it off without having glue residue all over. Other than that it will serve it's purpose nicely.

I got the front one only.

Thanks

Also received the 'carbon fiber' wrapped version....would definitely NOT get again, cheesy tape comes off....functionally the item works great tho...haven't tried the rear cup holders yet, just the fronts.

note to OP/maker: use 3M 1080 or Di-noc carbon wraps....much better quality and appearance.

Also received the 'carbon fiber' wrapped version....would definitely NOT get again, cheesy tape comes off....functionally the item works great tho...haven't tried the rear cup holders yet, just the fronts.

note to OP/maker: use 3M 1080 or Di-noc carbon wraps....much better quality and appearance.

Are you saying you took your wrap off ? Did all the glue residue come off ?

Are you saying you took your wrap off ? Did all the glue residue come off ?

Not yet....bought a roll of 3M 1080 I'll be switching the wraps to.....part of the original wrap came off so it shouldn't be hard to just peel the rest off.

Just to reiterate....functionally the cup holders work great! Just didn't like the cheesy paper 'wrap' that was peeping off. If I were to give advice or buy again, I'd say go for the plain one and add the wrap yourself with whatever u'd like.

Just received mine today. Generally happy it fits nicely however I wouldn't get the wrap again. The holder came already wrapped (I thought I could do it myself) and the wrap already had a crease in one spot and the wrap just looks very cheap and cheesy in my opinion. I am wondering if I can peel it off without having glue residue all over. Other than that it will serve it's purpose nicely.

I got the front one only.

Thanks
The wraps can be pulled off with ease and I will send you a new wrap so you can install it yourself. Please e mail me your mailing information
[email protected]

• Disagree
Reactions: GJ79
Has anyone received this item yet, and tried it out? I would love to see more pics, along with a neutral review of it! I think I would like to get one!

I received mine today. I functions very well and holds in place very well with the armrest slid forward and back. It serves its function as a cup holder very well and the hinged door on the center console has sufficient clearance under the cup holder. The location of the cup holders is ideal -- easy to reach.

But some of the finish details could be better. It's a shiny black plastic which looks kind of cheap. I so I spray painted it matte black.

The carbon fiber wrap is high gloss and it was already peeling off in a few places. So I removed it and will replace it with real carbon fiber veneer.

When I get all of my work on it finished I'll post a few photos.

The armrest do not interfere with the cup holder. Front or back

Dave, well done! Is the front cup holder attached with 3M tape or just a friction fit?

upload_2016-6-19_11-47-32.png

Thank you sir,
The front cup holder just rest in the Tesla cup holders, no tape..
The back is installed with 2 pieces if 3M command tape. Months of testing without any damage.. Each strip on tape hold 5 pounds on a wall without any damage to the dry wall.

This is a good product. I received one of the early versions and it is very functional. I like the "skin" and have the matte wood. It did "bubble" a bit in the heat and I was able to peel it off and reapply and it has not "bubbled" since. There was no sticky residue and the shape of the skin did not distort when I carefully peeled it off and put back on.