Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Now a Great Cup Holder for the S and X designed by an S owner.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hook that applies to the center console is clear. The loop that goes on the cup holder is white

Attachments

• 20160404_205458_resized.jpg
    20160404_205458_resized.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Resized_20160705_154700.jpeg
    Resized_20160705_154700.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 135
@Tes Pride

I've had my cup holders for a couple weeks now. I took them out over the weekend -- I wanted to put some felt pads on the underside to prevent scratching.

While it was out, I noticed a defect I thought I'd let you know about. I didn't notice this when it first arrived either. Appears the injection mold didn't completely fill the cavity when it was made -- there's a small hole in the side on one of the parts that fits inside the Tesla cup holder... Doesn't impact usage, and I just covered it with some electrical tape...

Here's a pic -- you can see light coming through the hole...

I have bad news for you. You are selling this for about $150 less than you should. I'll go ahead and order one now before you figure that out! Great work! Congrats.
First off , I want to thank you for your pricing advice. I think many Tesla driver that have bought one would pay that price after they use our cup holder. My plan is to sell 50,000 units and the price point of $39.99 is set to allow that to happen. Thank you for your post you made my week.
Dave

Just throwing my $0.02...

While this cup holder makes use of the existing space and is well designed to work with the existing cup holder, I don't believe it's the right location and improvements can be made... and the product feels cheap. The edge of the cup holder is a little sharp and since it sticks out as much as it does in an awkward location, I always scratch my hand on it when reaching for the screen or floor space where I keep stuff.

Here are some ideas that may work- have the cup holder in an L shape so it sits about 6" lower than it does now, this would keep it out of the way and still be easily accessible.

I think another ideal place for cup holders would be on the floor closest to the back area. They can be made of plastic and use a compression fit method or a knob you to turn to compress fit it so it doesn't slide. This way they would be out of the way but easily accessible, without going towards a full center console.

I just put in an order for a combo
but realized that ordering only the wrap later (didn't see any available right now) will be expensive since I'm in Canada...international shipping!
Any chance you'll have a solution or something available before you ship my order? Thanks!

I have bad news for you. You are selling this for about $150 less than you should. I'll go ahead and order one now before you figure that out! Great work! Congrats.

You're high if you think it's worth $200. I encourage people to like or dislike this post as an unofficial poll. And yes I already have one of those cup holders.

As a price comparison, Tesla sells the rear console with cup holders for only $650 ... :eek:

upload_2016-7-18_13-33-28.png

We are testing more samples and hope to have a solution soon. Thank you..
I just received the Tesla Pride cup holders back and front with the wrap. Great looking product for a very reasonable price point. After employing the wheel hub Tesla logo (RED) on my red S, WOW! I had to try the cup holders. David (President) wrapped the holders in matte wood grain matching my interior (2014 S loaded). See the pics!! If this is an indication of the improved process then Tesla owners will be very happy to install these cup holders. Now, what other new products will Tesla Pride be offering?
We are testing more samples and hope to have a solution soon. Thank you..

Attachments

• IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    447.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 90
I just put in an order for a combo
but realized that ordering only the wrap later (didn't see any available right now) will be expensive since I'm in Canada...international shipping!
Any chance you'll have a solution or something available before you ship my order? Thanks!
I'm sure we have the matt version correct. The others will be ready in a week or so. Also working on a real leather wrap.

As a price comparison, Tesla sells the rear console with cup holders for only $650 ... :eek:
That was my point. I don't think Tesla sells the older center console anymore in the vicinity of $650. I would much rather have a full center console that's OEM and more functional. Yes for $50 it's worth it but $200 it's just a money grab, IMO.

I'd rather much get the Evannex center console or nothing at all.
Center Console Insert (CCI) for Tesla Model S

Davies, I also received the red decals for the wheels and was more than surprised with how they pop and stand out on my wheels! I see you have a red Tesla. Mine is the dark gray metallic and the red really stands out.

I'm waiting for the next gen skins (in matte) as I have the intial version, and on a hot day it started to ripple under the movement of the arm rest.

I was getting some "rattling" of the cup holder when driving over bumpy roads. I put some cushion in between the armrest and where the cup holder rests (there are 2 nubs that rest on the front of the center armrest/counsel). It solved the rattling for me....

Dave, I hope you sell >50,000 units! Nice solution!

Davies, I also received the red decals for the wheels and was more than surprised with how they pop and stand out on my wheels! I see you have a red Tesla. Mine is the dark gray metallic and the red really stands out.

I'm waiting for the next gen skins (in matte) as I have the intial version, and on a hot day it started to ripple under the movement of the arm rest.

I was getting some "rattling" of the cup holder when driving over bumpy roads. I put some cushion in between the armrest and where the cup holder rests (there are 2 nubs that rest on the front of the center armrest/counsel). It solved the rattling for me....

Dave, I hope you sell >50,000 units! Nice solution!
Please send me your address etc. to my e mail . [email protected]
Thank you for your nice comments.