TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by wiztecy, Jan 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Indian Steve

Indian Steve Member

How many more people do you need to get before another group buy is set?

2. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

I need to make 20 cars worth to maintain the prices and meet minimum order numbers. We currently have 12 folks committed.

3. Indian Steve

Indian Steve Member

Great! I haven't even taken delivery of my Roadster yet but I was already planning on doing a pad upgrade at some point but after seeing this, I might just do it all and be done with it.

4. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Steve,
    Send me an email with the following info and I will add you to the list.

1) Name
    2) Mailing / Delivery Address
    3) Phone / Contact Number
    4) Email Address
    5) Would you like G-Loc brake pads? [Yes/No] If Yes, R6 or GS-1 compound.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    [email protected]

5. Indian Steve

Indian Steve Member

Will do, thanks!

6. bourned1

bourned1 New Member

Very interested in these rotors. I just sent Dave an email about them!

7. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Responded!

8. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Hello everyone! I now have commitment from 17 owners so let's get the order going! If you have NOT sent me your information, please do at this time:

1) Name
    2) Mailing / Delivery Address
    3) Phone / Contact Number
    4) Email Address
    5) Would you like G-Loc brake pads? [Yes/No] If Yes, R6 or GS-1 compound.
    To e-mail-[email protected]

I will be responding and giving you instruction on how to pay so I can get the order started. My goal is to have payments in hand by the end of October so I can get the cast iron friction disc into production. Last time it took 12 weeks from when I paid to get parts going until we were able to ship so the sooner you can get checks to me, the sooner you will have better brakes on your cars!

thanks,
    Dave

9. mechanicmike

mechanicmike Member

Add 1 more set of rotors for me and make that 18. Is shipping included? Will I save money if I pick them up in person?

10. ibcs

ibcs Member

Very interest in making it number 19. What type of installation is required and who would do it on a Roadster in Ohio?

11. TigaFF

TigaFF Supporting Member

Dave,
    I am "in" for a set. Will send you the required info via email.
    Jeff

12. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Installation is so easy that any competent garage can do it. Tesla is paranoid about installing aftermarket products like this but they might do it.

13. ibcs

ibcs Member

I'm in sending deposit on Monday. I have a great trust for HCSharp and the group on improving the braking on the Roadster.

14. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Thanks everyone! We are at 19 sets for folks who have sent some form of message to me. I still need to get payments to make this happen since all of the work is pre-paid because of the nature of the small quantities for the automotive world. If you need bank transfer info please e-mail me and I am happy to supply if that is more convenient. I will be sending follow up e-mails with confirmation of payment and any needed information to complete the order. There is still time to add to the order so please post if you want to get in on this batch!

Shipping will be calculated once the rotors are ready to ship and each of you will be contacted directly with options at that time. In past orders most customers have chosen to use FEDEX ground but we are happy to use any service. We can ship on your customer account you may have a shipper too.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward getting the order going as soon as the funds are in place.

Dave

15. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Shipping is not included since I can not find anyone who will ship for free, still looking.;) Happy to have folks pick up in Portland OR, we can do install here as well.

16. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

You could always raise your price and then say shipping included. Just like Amazon.

Seriously guys... Great product and awesome manufacturer. What more could you ask for?

Best,

T

17. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Good call on the Amazon model, I think I'll need to up my minimums too 100,000 cars...hmmm, may not work hereo_O

18. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Thank you to the folks who have forwarded payments at this time, still have not heard from most of you so please answer the email sent and let's get some rotors in process!

19. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

I have a confirmation from the CNC shop that makes the hats they have time to run the parts in November!

20. mechanicmike

mechanicmike Member

Those on the list who might want to pay with PayPal, don't be afraid to ask for PayPal payment details.