Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that autopilot is included......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So navigate on AP is only if you have FSD.
So if I want to navigate from one point to another, I have to use Google maps on my phone?
Tesla's website is deceiving, as the autopilot page shows navigate on AP and unless you dig deep, you then realize hardly any of these features are in FSD.

So if I want to navigate from one point to another, I have to use Google maps on my phone?

No, you can use the built in nav system if you want directions from one point to another.

But you won't have additional driver aids like the car changing lanes on its own, taking offramps and freeway interchanges on it's own, etc.

Tesla's website is deceiving, as the autopilot page shows navigate on AP and unless you dig deep, you then realize hardly any of these features are in FSD.

The car will happily give you directions, route you around traffic, estimate battery at arrival, and even route you through superchargers automatically whether you bought any of the option packages or not. Nav on Autopilot just adds the car automatically changing lanes to follow the navigation directions.

remember.... AP != EAP, it had features "moved" to FSD and cost lowered. EAP+FSD is what you need for the "full" package (even now) that encompasses what "EAP" previously contained.

Of course still waiting on the "full" part of FSD.

when i said AP2 Autopilot, i literally meant Autopilot only, as in the the current new "autopilot", not including EAP/FSD

so the current AP actually has less features than AP1

so the current AP actually has less features than AP1
Well Tesla makes pricing and options decisions like a kid with ADD.
I researched the crap out of this car awhile back and understood the features of AP.
Now that I am in a better position to buy one, the AP features have been stripped down.
Disappointedly, what is being offered is no different than other mfgs ie: smart cruise control and lane guidance.