Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Boost Subwoofer upgrade - installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im stuck getting a signal to the LOC. the red wire on the factory harness is putting out 15.5V, not 12V. Newer tesla with Li-Ion battery. Is THIS a viable option? Buck converter? I didnt see the signal range in the literature.

viable
IMG_5181.JPG

Hey guys

I'm planning to use the Alpine MRV-M500 amplifier which has "speaker level input", i can just run the factory amp input wires directly to the Alpine amp without the need to use the LOC? Also for the amp remote turn on (input), I can feed the 12v power (red wire) from factory amp?

I recently installed the Orella Acoustics plug and play sub and amp for the Model Y and damn is it amazing! Highly recommend this product.

I made a YT vid of my install if anyone wants to see it. Gladly share just dont want to be spammy. Ask and Ill comment with it!

Reactions: Detect
Looks like a nice alternative to the NVX system if you want more plug and play. Would like to hear it.

A nice improvement would be mounting amplifier somewhere that takes up 0 usable space. Otherwise, well done.

One could easily install the amp out of the encasement and in the small truck area where most keep the mobile charger. For my needs, this works perfectly as the side cubbies tend to be collect alls for tools. This actually helps me. Ha!

Reactions: C-Bus Y
Is there a better area to put these? Feels / looks weird having it chill alone like that
That area is rarely used and it took me about a month to dial in the right crossover points, so it was nice to have the components accessible. Totally hidden when the panel is put back.

If you are amazing at tuning a system then you can get creative and put the components anywhere. Such as under the front seats, in the frunk, hidden in the dash, by the factory amp. You can get very creative.

My $.02, it is nice to have them accessible when needed vs pulling panels apart.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
I had to chase down some rattles in the hatch and some new ones have started on select frequencies.

If you want to play it safe, add some to the side panels while they are out and some in the hatch, seem to be my trouble spots.
Have you had an issue where the factory amp is not turning on? My installer did a test of the system and it worked but for some reason the rear amp, sub, speakers are not turning on. Did a car reset and shutdown. Power to LOC not showing.

Anyone with any advice installing this system where factory amp not turning on?

Have you had an issue where the factory amp is not turning on? My installer did a test of the system and it worked but for some reason the rear amp, sub, speakers are not turning on. Did a car reset and shutdown. Power to LOC not showing.

Anyone with any advice installing this system where factory amp not turning on?
Hmm, did you tap the power to it for the LOC? If so, maybe the power got cut to the factory amp by accident at the splice?

Hmm, did you tap the power to it for the LOC? If so, maybe the power got cut to the factory amp by accident at the splice?
Yeah I got a pigtail Y harness that goes into the subwoofer box and we spliced that and it worked. A day later it stopped working. Once there was no sound he put back the oem harness and still nothing. No oem wires were cut / spliced. Seems like something directly related to the amp like a blown fuse but can’t figure it out.