Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY EV Tax Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S3XY

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Buffalo, NY
For those living outside of the downstate area (where all the Sales Centers are located) has anyone taken the NY EV Tax Rebate? According to the website that explains how the rebate works you get the rebate at the point of sale from an approved "dealer". Since I'm about 450 miles from the nearest Sales/Service Center I'm expecting to take delivery at home directly from Tesla. So I'm not sure how this will work. Any insight from those that have been through this would be greatly appreciated.

For those living outside of the downstate area (where all the Sales Centers are located) has anyone taken the NY EV Tax Rebate? According to the website that explains how the rebate works you get the rebate at the point of sale from an approved "dealer". Since I'm about 450 miles from the nearest Sales/Service Center I'm expecting to take delivery at home directly from Tesla. So I'm not sure how this will work. Any insight from those that have been through this would be greatly appreciated.

The ny rebate is automatically deducted from the price my tesla. There is nothing you have to do at the sales center

Thanks Ross9733. The wording of the rebate made it sound like it had to be through a "dealer". It said the consumer pays the net amount and the dealer has to get request the rebate from the state. I see your not far from the Sales Centers. Did you pick yours up from one of them?