Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYT nixes green blog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Green Blog Bids Times Readers Goodbye - NYTimes.com

The Times is discontinuing the Green blog, which was created to track environmental and energy news and to foster lively discussion of developments in both areas.

I really don't understand the timing on this. I could foresee a time when Autoblog drops ABG after a point when EVs are mainstream. But NYT dropping their green blog now seems rather premature.

It doesn't make sense from our perspective but this group is probably a little more in tune with the issues. The comments posted to the NYT also reflect that those that read the blog generally agree that it is an important issue. There really can only be one reason then, it wasn't making enough money and the resources could be better deployed elsewhere.

It doesn't make sense from our perspective but this group is probably a little more in tune with the issues. The comments posted to the NYT also reflect that those that read the blog generally agree that it is an important issue. There really can only be one reason then, it wasn't making enough money and the resources could be better deployed elsewhere.
I can think of at least two other reasons.

Lemme see... in no particular order of probability or likelihood or preference:

1. They wanted to fire Broder, and just wiped out his section along with him.
2. They don't give a damn about green issues, and are bored with pretending.
3. It's a deliberate tactic to understate and diminish the importance of any green issues... climate denier tactic.
4. They weren't making any money or gaining any brownie points with it, so why bother.

Any others I've missed right away?