Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obama Clean Energy Plan health benfits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed this graphic and was interested as I have often thought the same things about Tesla and EVs in general. That is that the benefits to the health budget should offset quite large concessions to move to electric vehicles. The numbers below are based on powerplant polution reduction but the local polution affect of cars, buses and trucks can only be much higher. I would be very interested to see similar analysis for AU related to EV's if it is available, and if any of the governments are looking at this information.

1369877319499916359.jpg

Source Article: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/08/obamas-new-energy-plan-explained/

A little related to this is the recent discussion in the US about allowing road taxing of EV's as they do not use petrol which is the normal consumption based tax on road use. Longer term this would need to be looked at but how to get a consumption tax on EV's other than to base a registration fee based on odometer readings for fuel efficient cars. Also increasing the fuel excise to be in line with CPI and the fuel efficiency increase of the fleet rather than just CPI will probably need to be looked at in the future.