Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obeche Matte Trim Decor - How Well Is It Holding Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have always been a fan of wood trim decor in my cars. And the build that I have saved in My Tesla has the Obeche Matte Interior Trim Decor.
My perception of the matte finish is that it presents less glare or reflection, appears more natural, and hides fingerprints and dust better than the Obeche Gloss.

I was wondering how well the matte finish has been holding up for current owners.
I know that the early Model S's with Obeche had the vertical grain and this changed in early 2014 to the horizontal grain.

I would be interested to hear your experience with your Obeche Matte decor, tips for cleaning and maintenance, etc.

Thanks in Advance,

ARTinCT

I've had mine for 14 months and it is perfect. Maintenance is essentially zero. I dust occasionally and have used an interior cleaner on it twice-only because I was doing the entire interior, which I do every six months. I am the only one in the car and it doesn't get any abuse at all. The matte finish is great. No fingerprints, smudges or glare at all. I prefer the horizontal grain to the vertical. It helps to make the dash look expansive.

Hey guys thanks for that feedback on your great choice of trim. It just solidifies my thoughts.
I will have the Tan Next Gen seats with black alcantara and a midnight grey exterior, somewhat similar to CHG-ON's.
I think this will be a really nice combo.

Again thanks.
Art

I have the vertical grain from Sept 2013, perfect condition and I've done absolutely nothing to maintain it, other than the courtesy washes when it's in for service. My car as a whole takes some abuse from my kids (now 10yo) and their friends, but generally they leave the trim alone.

And I think your proposed color combo will look great.

Also have the vertical grain from August 2013 delivery and have had zero issues with it. It doesn't even really require any cleaning, but I wipe it down when I wash my car like I do the rest of the dash with a microfiber cloth. It literally looks the way it looked when the car was new.