Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obsidian Black P/AWD Order Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. As i posted on the M3 forums:

Reserved: 3/31/16
Invited to Build: 4/13/18
Configured: 6/27/18
LR, RWD, PUP, EAP
Aeros

ISA Contacted: 8/6/18

I have a VIN assigned (so says the ISA), but terrible timing, as we leave for Jamaica tomorrow, for a week. So my Tesla adventure will be on hold until we return. Once back, it should move fairly quickly.

Quoted delivery date of 8/30

Reactions: jdmasters
3a3cd8e2-9e5e-4d60-b066-79b2ae23e32b-png.324141

Los Angeles,CA
Reserved: 5/10/16
Ordered: 6/28/18
Config: Obsidian Black Metallic, RWD, Aero
ISA contacted yesterday
Delivery Appointment Aug 18, 2018
Excited - I've got movement on my RWD OBM Model 3! ISA contacted me this evening and the ball seems to be rolling.
My SIL was contacted this morning by ISA. Details:

Reserved: early April/18
Ordered: 6/29/18
Edit button gone: 7/20/18
ISA contact: 8/09/18
Delivery: 8/14/18 Costa Mesa @ 4:30pm
Configuration: 3LR, RWD, OBM color, PUP, Aero
VIN: 709xx
Particulars: all cash, no trade-in

Apparently, his car just came off the assembly line and is in Fremont right now and will be put on a car carrier bound for SoCal in the next couple of days. Evidently, he will be one of the first to get OBM model 3 in SoCal.

I have some minor surgery scheduled for that delivery day but I want to give a QUICK inspection of the car while he signs paperwork.........................even if they have to wheel me in on a gurney! EXCITING!

My bad I didnt know that this was a AWD forum .
It's fine, Obsidian has mostly been what this is about so knowing the RWDs are coming.

I mean besides reading that post sending me "WTF, why not me?" until I realized it was RWD (which are moving faster). I was "that's my order but I reserved before and ordered a day earlier!" :p

BTW I do think this is all evidence that the RWD/D/P is irrelevant when they are doing a paint batch. Which makes sense. Paint is early so the differentiating gear is added after.

I just places my order for OBM AWD. Decided it wasn't worth $15k for the P and Big Brakes since I'm always stuck in LA traffic.

With all the bugs and complains I have with the Model 3, it's still the best car on the market. Nothing is perfect so I just have to deal with that and hope by Sept EAP could be 100% smooth or have a Mad Max mode.

Now the fun begins on tracking the delivery. Hope I'm flagged as a current owner and receive the car before 2019.

BTW, went with OBM after seeing 2 of them in Irvine during lunch. They look amazing in the Sun. Hope just as good at night as well.