Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obvious features/functions that weren't obvious to you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And come to think of it, I usually have to press the stalk twice to go into reverse (the first press doesn't register, or something.) I think I'll have them take another look at that next week - I already happen to have a service appointment just for updates.

I've been tracking this issue on other strings. I've had some success stepping down on the brake a little firmer and pausing just slightly. If I don't do this, I often have to double pump the gear shift when starting up. Let us know @BenR if service sheds any light on this.

Reactions: BenR
I have same request.

I don't get why the driver-side mirror tilts because unless you are parallel parking on the driver-side on a one-way street, it's fairly pointless. No other car I have owned with auto-tilt in reverse functionality ever adjusted the driver-side in addition to the passenger-side mirror. It was always just the passenger-side since I assume parallel parking and distance to curb is primary concern here.

Personally, I reverse into my garage spot and would much prefer the driver-side stay as is to ensure I'm not too close to the other car and have the passenger side tilt as I am going up against a wall and it's help to see more of the lower back bumper that is afforded by tilting the mirror.

The easiest fix would be to allow you to save settings similar to method described above. Bummer if it doesn't work, was going to try when I got home tonight.

I think its because the charging doors are on the driver side, so reversing into a supercharger stall makes this useful

If you are preheating your car in your garage (or other age location), you’ve gone to the car, and you want to leave the car (eg to get something you forgot) but don’t want the car to lock again and preheating to stop, leave the door cracked open.

I was kinda freaked out first time I discovered that Autopilot (Ver. 9.0) if engaged on lane marked two lane road, will continue to operate after lane marking ends, keeping the car to the right of the road and negotiating curves. It generally won't activate without lane markings, but once activated will continue to drive without either center or fog lines.

Reactions: Vintre
If you are preheating your car in your garage (or other age location), you’ve gone to the car, and you want to leave the car (eg to get something you forgot) but don’t want the car to lock again and preheating to stop, leave the door cracked open.

You can also go to the climate control screen and an option will popup with an option to keep climate on after you get out.

Reactions: model3fan
Way back when I first got my car, I didn't realize that one can press the itty bitty lock symbol at the top of the screen to lock/unlock the doors.

(I felt like an idiot after being told that the symbol is actually a button.)

Note, they have redone the UI since I got the car, and various buttons/symbols have been moved around.

I like the really clean interior with almost no buttons (except for hazard lights, interior lights, door open, and windows up/down.)
I wish they had made a "hard button" for lock/unlock instead of a really small symbol on the screen.

Example of lock/unlock switch on LEAF door:
leaf1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vern Padgett
You can “share” a location from google maps app directly to your Tesla.

I have found that sending an address from my phone to my Model 3 while the car is sleeping, will not work. It has only consistently worked if I send the address after waking up my car. When I had a Model S, there is a feature that allows you to always stay connected with the car, but the Model 3 does not have this feature.

I have found that sending an address from my phone to my Model 3 while the car is sleeping, will not work. It has only consistently worked if I send the address after waking up my car. When I had a Model S, there is a feature that allows you to always stay connected with the car, but the Model 3 does not have this feature.
Interesting. Does it actually fail to send, or act like it sent and just not show up in the car? I haven’t had this problem and have sent addresses successfully before waking the car. I’ll have to test again to see if it still works as before.

Interesting. Does it actually fail to send, or act like it sent and just not show up in the car? I haven’t had this problem and have sent addresses successfully before waking the car. I’ll have to test again to see if it still works as before.

It appears on the car's screen, but when I enter the car, it asks for the address as if part of the info I sent was incomplete. Each time I tried, I sent the complete address. I then tested it by waking up the car through my app, then re-sent the address to my navigation, and it worked perfectly. I am using an iPhone Xs.

It appears on the car's screen, but when I enter the car, it asks for the address as if part of the info I sent was incomplete. Each time I tried, I sent the complete address. I then tested it by waking up the car through my app, then re-sent the address to my navigation, and it worked perfectly. I am using an iPhone Xs.

This. It is as though it receives it, but because it is asleep, or because it tries to parse/process it while still waking, it is unable to do so and it comes up on the dash as a bad address.