Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Tesla Sales over the weekend. They were asking if I had a trade as my estimated delivery is "approaching". The person on the phone said to expect a VIN soon (whatever that means).

In any case, my EDD changed slightly yesterday from May 4-June 8 to May 9-June 6. Order details in signature...
I too have the same EDD now. I wonder if that's the slot for MSM builds. MYLR7 MSM White Interior, OD 10/5 here.

Reactions: carlos31820
Just curious, how did you switch your order from MYLR to MYP? I don't see an option for that on the website. Do you need to contact an SA, or something?
Yes, you need to go to the Delivery Center, talk to a SA. Let them know you want to switch to MYP. We did that, few days later we got a VIN. Here we are happy with MYP. Price adjustment based on your original order date. Good luck!

I’ve been thinking of switching to MYP, but to the folks out there who switched from MYLR Gemini wheels to now 21” Uberturbine (i guess that’s what it’s called) how did you justify the extra $$ that would be needed to replace the tires… and probably more frequently since it’s Performance. That’s something I’m struggling with…. My #1 reason to go with base MYLR was to lower my recurring cost and be more economically friendly since I’m switching from Corolla.

Yes, you need to go to the Delivery Center, talk to a SA. Let them know you want to switch to MYP. We did that, few days later we got a VIN. Here we are happy with MYP. Price adjustment based on your original order date. Good luck!
No you don’t. Follow the instructions here, Edit Design without affecting price now?. Worst case, call your SA or use chat support.

I’ve been thinking of switching to MYP, but to the folks out there who switched from MYLR Gemini wheels to now 21” Uberturbine (i guess that’s what it’s called) how did you justify the extra $$ that would be needed to replace the tires… and probably more frequently since it’s Performance. That’s something I’m struggling with…. My #1 reason to go with base MYLR was to lower my recurring cost and be more economically friendly since I’m switching from Corolla.
I was wondering if MYP switch would help with my delays. I've already bought a set of 19x8.5 Replika R241 which look a lot like induction wheels. Original plan was swap OEM TPMS and tires to those rims. If I got MYP I'd have to get new TPMS and new 19" tires to go on the Replikas but then I'd have a complete set of 21" uberturbines to sell. Might be able to recoup most if not all of the cash spent on the 19" setup, have cheaper replacement costs in the future, and a slightly more comfortable ride over sharp bumps/edges. Still chewing on the decision as my EDD pushed from Apr20-May18 to May11-June8 now and nervous about more delays.

EDD updated this morning for the worst. May 4 - June 1. ODD 10/15. I figured a change was coming seeing that my original EDD window starts next week.

About the only consistency coming from Tesla’s EDD so far is, if I see people getting pushed back on this forum, my EDD will follow suit. Sigh…

EDD Update this morning - from Apr22-May20 to Apr26-May7. It moved one week later than earliest date, but shortened window. Still no VIN, but hoping that follows soon.

Good Luck everyone!

MYLR5 | BLUE | BLACK | 19" Gemini | TOW | NO FSD
OD : 10/09/2021. EDD: Apr26-May7
Exactly the same order.. hope my EDD will aslo change. Surprisingly, since Nov last year, my EDD changed only twice.. first Sept Jail and then May-June jail.

Reactions: patb23in
Also, I check my EDD every 30 sec.. so I know I didn't miss a single change.. current EDD is my 4th EDD since OD. :)
LOL - we're all guilty of that ;)

Hang in there, I was holding in the Apr-May range for a couple months. Had some March excitement back in February before that, but never materialized (obviously). When i ordered back in October, they gave me an April 2022 date, so I guess i can't complain - unless I hit May! lol

OD: 10/09/2021, EDD: Apr26-May7

LOL - we're all guilty of that ;)

Hang in there, I was holding in the Apr-May range for a couple months. Had some March excitement back in February before that, but never materialized (obviously). When i ordered back in October, they gave me an April 2022 date, so I guess i can't complain - unless I hit May! lol

OD: 10/09/2021, EDD: Apr26-May7

Do we know if orders are generally filled within the original EDD month? I know EDD slide around so much but curious if it generally falls in that same month. I’m an original April EDD but my window is 4/30-5/28 for now.