Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone here is looking for a screaming deal on a Tesla or other Wall charger install, in Sacramento County, I think I found one of the best deals here.

$400-450 for the install (+200 for permits)

Just did the install this afternoon for our new MYLR and man are we happy.

Reactions: James2023y
Sharing my experience at the Sunnyvale delivery location -

Had a delivery appointment for my Red MYP with Tow on March 25 at 4pm. The delivery address as stated in the Tesla App and the online a/c was of the Sunnyvale location.

When we went to pickup yesterday on time, we're first informed that the vehicle is being delivered by the Sunnyvale delivery team. Then they looked a bit closer and noticed that the car is not even at Sunnyvale but is at Fremont. We're asked if we'd pickup at Fremont otherwise it'll take at least 2-days to get the car at Sunnyvale. I promptly agreed to pickup at Fremont instead.

Next they checked with the Fremont team and confirmed that the car can indeed be picked up at Fremont delivery location but the next day and rescheduled my appt for Sunday accordingly.

Next I got a text (SMS) message advising me to wait for another text notification once the car has been staged for pickup and a slot number has been assigned. Do not head over to the Fremont pickup location until then.

This seems bizarre to me. I wonder if somehow this is a one off case or the Tesla system is so broken?

• Informative
Sharing my experience at the Sunnyvale delivery location -

Had a delivery appointment for my Red MYP with Tow on March 25 at 4pm. The delivery address as stated in the Tesla App and the online a/c was of the Sunnyvale location.

When we went to pickup yesterday on time, we're first informed that the vehicle is being delivered by the Sunnyvale delivery team. Then they looked a bit closer and noticed that the car is not even at Sunnyvale but is at Fremont. We're asked if we'd pickup at Fremont otherwise it'll take at least 2-days to get the car at Sunnyvale. I promptly agreed to pickup at Fremont instead.

Next they checked with the Fremont team and confirmed that the car can indeed be picked up at Fremont delivery location but the next day and rescheduled my appt for Sunday accordingly.

Next I got a text (SMS) message advising me to wait for another text notification once the car has been staged for pickup and a slot number has been assigned. Do not head over to the Fremont pickup location until then.

This seems bizarre to me. I wonder if somehow this is a one off case or the Tesla system is so broken?
They always say don't go there until you get the text message that your car is ready with a slot number.

You can just go to that slot and inspect the car, without checking in with them.

They always say don't go there until you get the text message that your car is ready with a slot number.

You can just go to that slot and inspect the car, without checking in with them.
I didn't get any such message, so no way I would have known to wait for it. It is obvious to show up at the time and location of a confirmed appointment, which is what the case was in the system as well as the the SMS text messages.

OD - 1/23 (late afternoon) MYLR MSM 5 Seat Black interior No Tow Bay Area

Many EDD's (too many to keep track of)

Current EDD - 3/27 - 3/31

Received VIN (Fremont) today! 3/26 around 10:30AM

Added insurance info. Waiting for pickup date at Dublin location

Was not notified via SMS or Email of VIN assignment. Like everyone else here I played the Tesla app slot machine multiple times an hour like madman and it finally hit this morning!