Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD - 1/23 (late afternoon) MYLR MSM 5 Seat Black interior No Tow Bay Area

Many EDD's (too many to keep track of)

Current EDD - 3/27 - 3/31

Received VIN (Fremont) today! 3/26 around 10:30AM

Added insurance info. Waiting for pickup date at Dublin location

Was not notified via SMS or Email of VIN assignment. Like everyone else here I played the Tesla app slot machine multiple times an hour like madman and it finally hit this morning!
Is current insurance for other cars sufficient or you have to call insurance to add the new MY with new VIN?

Took photo of current active policy and submitted via Tesla app.
Yea same. We sold our previous car which our MY was replacing so i sent them the policy without that vehicle. Honestly I don’t think they care, they just check if you have insurance, if they even check. I believe in CA, there’s a 30 day grace period before you are required to add the new vehicle on an insurance policy

After delivery of the car, i got a message from 510 number that said '6. Extra License Plate, Window Stickers & DMV document for wet-signing (if applicable) can be found on front row seat or near center console'. I did not find any extra license plate or window stickers. Did anyone get these during of the car? what are the purpose of those window stickers / extra license plate?

MYLR White/Black/19 No options
OD: 1/27
1st EDD: Feb-March
2nd EDD: April 7-May 19
3rd EDD: April 4-May 9
4th EDD: March 17-March 31
5th EDD: March 22-March 31 (updated March 17)
6th EDD: March 26-March 31 (updated March 23)
7th EDD: March 27-March 31
8th EDD March 28-March 31
No VIN

This morning I receive a text message
We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 1-2 days. A VIN will populate in your Tesla Account when your vehicle has been built.
Select your tentative appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN11847****
Once built, your Model Y will be transported to your local delivery center. Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection of your Model Y. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.

MYLR White/Black/19 No options
OD: 1/27
1st EDD: Feb-March
2nd EDD: April 7-May 19
3rd EDD: April 4-May 9
4th EDD: March 17-March 31
5th EDD: March 22-March 31 (updated March 17)
6th EDD: March 26-March 31 (updated March 23)
7th EDD: March 27-March 31
8th EDD March 28-March 31
No VIN

This morning I receive a text message
We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 1-2 days. A VIN will populate in your Tesla Account when your vehicle has been built.
Select your tentative appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN11847****
Once built, your Model Y will be transported to your local delivery center. Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection of your Model Y. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.
Got the same message this morning, just last Friday they pushed my EDD 4/2 - 4/16. My OD was 2/3…so seems like a last ditch effort to pull in to recognize Q1 delivery. I text the SA thanking them but just over the weekend I was giving them a hard time with so many EDD updates. Go figure

• Funny
Reactions: James2023y
Question - thoughts on whether you need both wall and mobile connector. I’m planning to install the wall connector inside my garage. Do I need to buy the mobile one as well? Normal use will be driving to office and back (40 miles round trip) and other local driving around town besides the road trips. Let me know your feedback…

Question - thoughts on whether you need both wall and mobile connector. I’m planning to install the wall connector inside my garage. Do I need to buy the mobile one as well? Normal use will be driving to office and back (40 miles round trip) and other local driving around town besides the road trips. Let me know your feedback…
If you install a wall charger, you don't need the mobile connector.

If you want to charge using an AC outlet, whether 120V or 240V, then you need the mobile connector.

Reactions: Ptown
Got the same message this morning, just last Friday they pushed my EDD 4/2 - 4/16. My OD was 2/3…so seems like a last ditch effort to pull in to recognize Q1 delivery. I text the SA thanking them but just over the weekend I was giving them a hard time with so many EDD updates. Go figure
I got the same message on Sunday for the Gilroy location. I have delivery appointment to tomorrow afternoon and still no vin.

Reactions: Ptown
Looks like they set up a makeshift delivery center (or overflow?) in Santa Clara, near Great America. This building has been vacant for a while so the parking lot is normally empty. Did anyone here take delivery at this location?

It’s actually right across the street from Silicon Valley Bank headquarters

Attachments

• IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: James2023y
I have VIN and scheduled for Friday pick up. Now Tesla send a message and said my car is not ready. Have any one seen this problem before? How long typically you have to wait after VIN?

Did they postpone or make you reschedule the pickup?

I’m still waiting for my VIN which they said will be provided once the car has been built. But, I have a schedule pickup this Friday on the calendar

Did they postpone or make you reschedule the pickup?

I’m still waiting for my VIN which they said will be provided once the car has been built. But, I have a schedule pickup this Friday on the calendar
They told me yesterday that car is being build. Today they said I have 24 hours to schedule to pick up otherwise they will assign the car to someone else. Now they said car is not ready.

I scheduled for Friday (Fremont).