Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found this forum, find it quite informative. I ordered mine October 14, profile completion the next day, original ODD was April-May. From then it was a roller coaster, jumping between September and March that I lost count. The last 3 was April 24 to May 22. Then May 6th to May 20th and this morning moved to May 14 to May 28th. It has become too annoying. I am baffled as how a tech company can not figure out its supply chain issues and production line time frames this close to the deliveries??
Because supply chain issues are felt throughout the industry, I’ll leave that for another discussion. However, when a company continually modifies production time frames in order to maximize shareholder profits (moving orders adding FSD or charging to MYP to front of the line, for example), you get the situation we have now; with people having ODs from August 2021 still waiting on cars.

It is a sucky situation all around, and the only way to get the bad taste out of your mouth is by getting the car, assuming you don’t have quality issues to content with, but as we all know with Teslas, build issues tend to be the norm.

Been a few days and I wanted to share my experience leading up to delivery for those that might be interested…I received my VIN last Friday (04/22). I called and changed my account to finance and submitted my application the next day and had approval email 2 minutes later. The text to schedule delivery arrived on Monday (04/25). Took the earliest date available, 05/02 at the Norwell MA SC, and then uploaded my insurance info. Yesterday morning I got a text from the SC stating that the vehicles carrier eta had changed and I would have to reschedule my delivery appointment. Luckily, the delay was just a couple of days and I was able to get a new appointment on the morning of 05/05. I’ll share any new info that comes over the next few days (but I really hope things are quiet), and I’ll be sure to share my delivery day experience once this car is finally parked (and charging) in my garage. It’s been a long 7 months, but the end is just around the corner. Good luck to everyone with VINs and those still waiting!
Great Post - thanks for sharing. Things have been too quiet in MA/New England, at least for me ;(
I did get some info from a Norwell rep a few days back - see my post on mud flaps and PPF - you should be getting those as well. I've otherwise been sitting idle on May11-25 since Easter, hoping to hear some good news on a VIN soon. Hopefully this week!

Thanks again. Keep everyone updated on your progress. We can at least share in your journey while we wait ;)

Reactions: Lukeg5
Having been through a 7 month wait and EDD drama, just would like to say please do your self a favor and DO NOT take the EDDs seriously, at all. Weather you’re pushed out too far, pulled in, got a 14 or 7days EDD… it’s not a guarantee you’ll get a VIN. It also doesn’t mean you won’t get a VIN because your EDD is too far. EDDs are literally worthless. I know it doesn’t help much but it is how Tesla’s handling it for now. Don’t try to read into patterns and reverse engineer the EDD, VIN assignment process unless you’re really trying to have fun. As many would tell you there is very little logic, rhythm to it. If you think there’s one, wait a couple of weeks and you’ll learn why you were wrong.

Don’t check the app more than a couple times a day cuz it will only leave you depressed… but don’t completely forget about it either.

Don’t read too much into other people getting VINs, just celebrate with them and know that your turn will DEFINITELY come.

However it does help to talk to others that are in the same boat so vent if you have to. ✊🏽🤙🏽

Having been through a 7 month wait and EDD drama, just would like to say please do your self a favor and DO NOT take the EDDs seriously, at all. Weather you’re pushed out too far, pulled in, got a 14 or 7days EDD… it’s not a guarantee you’ll get a VIN. It also doesn’t mean you won’t get a VIN because your EDD is too far. EDDs are literally worthless. I know it doesn’t help much but it is how Tesla’s handling it for now. Don’t try to read into patterns and reverse engineer the EDD, VIN assignment process unless you’re really trying to have fun. As many would tell you there is very little logic, rhythm to it. If you think there’s one, wait a couple of weeks and you’ll learn why you were wrong.

Don’t check the app more than a couple times a day cuz it will only leave you depressed… but don’t completely forget about it either.

Don’t read too much into other people getting VINs, just celebrate with them and know that your turn will DEFINITELY come.

However it does help to talk to others that are in the same boat so vent if you have to. ✊🏽🤙🏽
Well said!

Reactions: AbeTes
Got VIN on Friday (only saw it when checking the app in the evening!). After ponying up and giving insurance proof it now says check back later (edd 30th April - 4th May). This was not expected considering I'd been pushed back to Aug-Oct EDD a few weeks ago. Super excited!
Awesome.

You're making me antsy! Haha.

Your OD is one day before mine. Which Tesla location are you picking up at?

Totally agree 👍

Because supply chain issues are felt throughout the industry, I’ll leave that for another discussion. However, when a company continually modifies production time frames in order to maximize shareholder profits (moving orders adding FSD or charging to MYP to front of the line, for example), you get the situation we have now; with people having ODs from August 2021 still waiting on cars.

It is a sucky situation all around, and the only way to get the bad taste out of your mouth is by getting the car, assuming you don’t have quality issues to content with, but as we all know with Teslas, build issues tend to be the norm.
Indeed it us sucky situation and it id poorly handled by Tesla.

Received my VIN today this morning- F433. Pickup in Raleigh, NC.

I manually checked the app- no text or email yet. I checked about 8 hours ago and it wasn’t there. This is the first time I’ve had an update on a Sunday I believe. Previously, I had updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, so no pattern from that perspective as fas as I can tell.

As an additional datapoint, I did not complete my profile until early March.

MYLR | MSM | Gemini Wheels | No Tow | Black Interior | 7 Seater | FSD
OD: 10/6/21 | PC: 3/6/21
Previous EDD: May 13 - May 24
New EDD: May 16 - May 20

I manually checked the app- no text or email yet. I checked about 8 hours ago and it wasn’t there. This is the first time I’ve had an update on a Sunday I believe. Previously, I had updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, so no pattern from that perspective as fas as I can tell.

Congratulations 🍾🎉🎈 Was FSD on your original order or did you add FSD later?

Informative. I have similar build as you and in a similar situation. Ordered date was 2 weeks later, the same with profile completion, completed in Mid-March (didn't know), did you order FSD initially or you ordered later & by the time you ordered FSD or completed the profile, was FSD publicly still "prioritize"?

I’m standing here in my kitchen crying, my VIN has been assigned! As I was writing it down to contact the insurance company, the letters in it spell my dogs name that I lost 7 years ago. I feel like it was meant to be and this MY was meant for me. Sorry this has been an emotional roller coaster the past 7 months! Thank You to everyone in this thread ❤️

I’m standing here in my kitchen crying, my VIN has been assigned! As I was writing it down to contact the insurance company, the letters in it spell my dogs name that I lost 7 years ago. I feel like it was meant to be and this MY was meant for me. Sorry this has been an emotional roller coaster the past 7 months! Thank You to everyone in this thread ❤️
Congratulations 🎉🎈🍾