Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok since I will be picking up the car tomorrow morning, this may be the last time im spending much time on this site so I figured I would give a full account of what my process has been as it is a bit different than many I have read. hopefully it gives some of you peace of mind.

I ordered on October 16th after a test drive here in Denver. My configuration is MYLR/MSM/black interior/19in/no tow/no fsd. when I first ordered, my EDD said April. within the first week of being ordered it changed to march 1-30 and it stayed that way until late feb when it switched to April 25-may 23. I considered changing some things around to try to get it earlier but at the end of the day, I ordered my configuration because that is what I wanted so there was no reason to spend more money just to get it sooner and have it be extra *sugar* I didn't care about. about a week ago my EDD changed to May 10-21. I decided to delete the app and check this page infrequently because it was making me anxious about the imminent delivery without knowing any real information on it. yesterday at 1pm Denver time, I received a text message telling me I had a vin. I never got a text about a trade in or any communications from Tesla ever for that matter. after I got my financing and trade in sorted last night, I woke up this morning to no changes. at about 10:30 am I got a text saying it was my turn to schedule my pick up. I set it for Saturday at 4pm but said I would be available earlier if somehow it finished sooner. at about 6pm today they called me and told me I can pick it up tomorrow at 10 am.

the moral of the story is that although sometimes there seems to be an order to delivery steps with trade in texts and whatnot, clearly sometimes there is no communication and you are just surprised with a vehicle like in my case. I hope y'all dont get too obsessed with trying to figure out the crazy antics of Tesla and just remember that eventually...you will have the car. and if all goes as planned, you will love it. keep your chins up. drive safe. party on.
Congratulations

Reactions: advocate8
I
This has been swirling around in my head for a while... What happens to the money, should you decide to reject the car? Is it returned to you, or simply held in an escrow account of sorts before you accept a vehicle?
This is why I am taking a cashiers check!
Until I see my name on the windshield of the car and inspect it all over, then I will hand them the check.

Reactions: mynot and PeteOC
Original OD 10/16/2021, App has been saying September again for over a week so I texted my SA to see what my delivery date says on her end. I received a reply of “I went ahead and submitted a form to see if it is possible that they could give you an earlier build slot. We will keep you posted on their response” … has anyone heard of this happening before, and the result? Sounds too good to be true… and what would it take to make that possible?

Thanks in advance for any insight here.
Checked in today and received this response, “It looks like all the built slots are locked at this time but we can see if anything comes available sooner to match if you are open to that” …. jokes on them because I didn’t have hope anyway!!! *cries*

• Funny
Reactions: voxel and Stardew
Checked in today and received this response, “It looks like all the built slots are locked at this time but we can see if anything comes available sooner to match if you are open to that” …. jokes on them because I didn’t have hope anyway!!! *cries*
This is very interesting. I may have to try this. I am super frustrated. I ordered (10/29) and my current edd is pushed to August-October.

Then they will give you a link. The current price over 63000$ makes you pay $500 for shipping, which is what fools do.

Where is my FXXX Model Y Elon
v2-8d42708a8058f44cb403e1981a7eeb39_b.gif

This is my first time being in this forum. Looks like there are a lot of people in my same situation. I ordered my MYLR with 5 seats black with black interior with induction wheels. At the time I ordered (10/29) my edd was may. It moved within a week of ordering to June 2022 and sat there until March 14th when Tesla began to prioritize people who paid for FSD. It then bounced around from August-September for a week then out to September - November. 2 weeks ago it settled on August 21-October 2nd. Hasnt moved since.

This is my first time being in this forum. Looks like there are a lot of people in my same situation. I ordered my MYLR with 5 seats black with black interior with induction wheels. At the time I ordered (10/29) my edd was may. It moved within a week of ordering to June 2022 and sat there until March 14th when Tesla began to prioritize people who paid for FSD. It then bounced around from August-September for a week then out to September - November. 2 weeks ago it settled on August 21-October 2nd. Hasnt moved since.
So go Fxxx your edd is all deceptive 

Yep, I see people in September, October, & even November with same build, same location taking deliveries. Asked SA... nothing they can do, if they know more, responded app is up to date with the latest info. LIKE WHERE IS MY CAR?!?!
Just like you told him to let your car execute the automatic destruction system, you will get nothing. They have no ability,

At least your EDD isn’t 8/30 to 10/25… l

The worst part is seeing the reports of people on reddit who ordered after with the exact same build getting deliveries right n
Same here .... Ordered 10/22/2021 and I've been stuck at Aug-Oct for the last month. In Toronto and see many on the road, where's mine??