Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does any one have October Delivery dates ?
Interestingly in the spread sheet, I don't see any Deliveries scheduled for October -
Even though October is just 2 days away :)

Nope. Everything I've read says they shift production to overseas for the first half of the new quarter. I don't know how it will work out with the Model Y since they're not shipping it overseas until 2021, but so far I don't have a delivery date either. I hope they do in fact offer some october dates.

Good call. i would assume that I will be one, since i got the 4-8 day text a week ago, and haven't heard anything back. I actually wouldn't mind if they did. Shouldn't be a mad house, and hopefully give me time to look at the car and have the SC folks confirm they can fix what might be wrong without being given the bums rush.

Good call. i would assume that I will be one, since i got the 4-8 day text a week ago, and haven't heard anything back. I actually wouldn't mind if they did. Shouldn't be a mad house, and hopefully give me time to look at the car and have the SC folks confirm they can fix what might be wrong without being given the bums rush.

I just asked my TA if it means we go back to the normal delivery estimate if the car is not delivered by the 30th. Ill let you know if I get a response. I'm in the 4-8 delivery window too.

• Helpful
Reactions: alexcue
I just asked my TA if it means we go back to the normal delivery estimate if the car is not delivered by the 30th. Ill let you know if I get a response. I'm in the 4-8 delivery window too.

Yes, I don't want to bug the TA at this point. It is what it is, but knowing what might be in store for us certainly helps. Much appreciated.

Please do. My account still says 2-4 weeks from end of August when I ordered, but I've got no delivery timeline from my advisor other than "we're waiting on a VIN"

I've gotten the same line the last couple of times. I was hoping he'd have something so I can check out the Tesla Insurance and compare to AAA multiple car discount.

The Raleigh SC sent me an email today citing transit delays as a potential reason for August order/no VIN. It’s possible there are unassigned cars stuck in AL/IL, waiting for transport out to other states on the East coast. These could be delivered in the October timeframe as they’re able to trickle out. However, I was under the impression that VINs were assigned once they leave Fremont.

Not having a VIN is the most frustrating part. Hoping to avoid a last minute sprint to finalize insurance since we’re potentially switching companies for both home and auto.

I was told this morning that the 5-9 week estimate on my order was accurate. When I mentioned November for when I might see a VIN, they said no and that the entire fourth quarter would be for overseas production and it might not be until January that I get a car. I’m not sure how both 5-9 weeks and January square up.

The Raleigh SC sent me an email today citing transit delays as a potential reason for August order/no VIN. It’s possible there are unassigned cars stuck in AL/IL, waiting for transport out to other states on the East coast. These could be delivered in the October timeframe as they’re able to trickle out. However, I was under the impression that VINs were assigned once they leave Fremont.

Not having a VIN is the most frustrating part. Hoping to avoid a last minute sprint to finalize insurance since we’re potentially switching companies for both home and auto.

yeah that’s my understanding about the vin as well. I also don’t have one and ordered in August and it’s by far the most frustrating part as it feels like my car was never even ordered.

I was told this morning that the 5-9 week estimate on my order was accurate. When I mentioned November for when I might see a VIN, they said no and that the entire fourth quarter would be for overseas production and it might not be until January that I get a car. I’m not sure how both 5-9 weeks and January square up.

I really hope that isn't true! I can't believe they told you that, wow.

Hmmm, how can this be ? There will have to be Q4 US deliveries

I placed my order Sept. 9th, no VIN, my SA told me the cut off for Q3 was missed, however I was waiting on a VIN assignment/match. He assured me that I would receive delivery end of October. He did state that Tesla was reconfiguring delivery in the US starting in OCT, not sure what that means. I also asked if I would expect my car in NOV, and he again stated from my order date, the car would deliver in October.
Also, is Model Y even being delivered in Europe yet?

Hmmm, how can this be ? There will have to be Q4 US deliveries

This is why I've come to the understanding that you cannot trust anything anyone at Tesla tells you. Its either made up, disengenuious, or simply not true. The amount of stories I've read where people have even gotten as far as arriving at the delivery center on delivery day and finding out their car isn't even in the lot is just baffling how poorly run this whole thing is.

I placed my order Sept. 9th, no VIN, my SA told me the cut off for Q3 was missed, however I was waiting on a VIN assignment/match. He assured me that I would receive delivery end of October. He did state that Tesla was reconfiguring delivery in the US starting in OCT, not sure what that means. I also asked if I would expect my car in NOV, and he again stated from my order date, the car would deliver in October.
Also, is Model Y even being delivered in Europe yet?

It is not. The website clearly states overseas Model Y isn't until 2021

SC know as much as anybody on this forum. They moved production away from Model Y at Fremont for US deliveries after that September 14th date. It will eventually come back and likely be around early December, but could be pushed until end of December again like these September deliveries. I really don't think anybody knows anything differently than what the plant is actually doing right now.

SC know as much as anybody on this forum. They moved production away from Model Y at Fremont for US deliveries after that September 14th date. It will eventually come back and likely be around early December, but could be pushed until end of December again like these September deliveries. I really don't think anybody knows anything differently than what the plant is actually doing right now.

Where did you get the information about september 14th?