Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd behavior with 1.9.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AF1QipOhzoIsR8zaMdbWPybpFj77wB72Hmg9V4lq2s3X
Since 1.9.1 was applied to my system I have noted that the GW seems to react much slower to changes in solar input (clouds) or big load changes (~>1kW). I've seen the GW send stuff to the grid rather than feeding the battery and/or draw from the grid when there was capacity on the battery that should have been tapped to meet the new load. These oddball situations only seem to last for a couple of minutes then the system would revert to what I would call "normal". Has anyone else seen behavior like this? Note that for the screen caps below, the PWs were in self-consumption mode and well above the reserve setting and ~15% below full.

Screenshot_20171105-145329.png Screenshot_20171109-161627.png

I have seen this behaviour but it appears to be tied to the App version 3.2.1 because my PW-2 GW is still on v1.6.0. If you compare the graphics shown per your screenshots to the individual statistics (from each power flow source/destination) then the values appear to be more "normal".

I also notice the 'phone App keeps saying it has lost the Internet connection (more noticeable when switching screens) and this did not happen at all on v3.2.0.

Cheers,

Harry E.
===

AF1QipOhzoIsR8zaMdbWPybpFj77wB72Hmg9V4lq2s3X
Since 1.9.1 was applied to my system I have noted that the GW seems to react much slower to changes in solar input (clouds) or big load changes (~>1kW). I've seen the GW send stuff to the grid rather than feeding the battery and/or draw from the grid when there was capacity on the battery that should have been tapped to meet the new load.

View attachment 259360 View attachment 259361

I am seeing exactly the same thing. My system is 1.9.1 and the app is version 3.21

I have found that the app displays old data when it has nothing new to show, and the back-end service that feeds the app has had frequent interruptions lately, resulting in the app showing bogus/stale data. Not sure if that's the case here, but you might want to watch the live data from the energy gateway itself (just point your web browser to its IP address) ... I think you'll find it to be much more accurate and responsive.