Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oem Refreshed bumper retrofitted on 2016 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 15 MS with the retrofit front bumper from Unplugged Performance and hood has double latch. I purchase front grille from Unplugged Performance for due to OEM front grille fitment caused by gap. I would like to go back to my OEM grille if possible. Can you fix with your custom hood strikers to adapt the facelift hood to the double latch?
Sorry, didnt see your message. We are currently out of latches, and are working on getting a new batch.

I know I’m late to the game but I’d love some help here. I just bought the 2016 P90D that itsjusta6 used on the discovery channel show “The Getaway Driver”. He beat it up pretty good cosmetically so when I got it there was no front bumper but the VIN showed it was a cone. I just put a 2017 bumper on it but I know it’s not done properly. Any help with what parts I need to make it right would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• E9A522D8-1F80-4B05-8EF4-2E19C341F84B.jpeg
    E9A522D8-1F80-4B05-8EF4-2E19C341F84B.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 352
  • F01EF9BE-F78F-41FB-A398-B62AC87A6C1C.jpeg
    F01EF9BE-F78F-41FB-A398-B62AC87A6C1C.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 314
I know I’m late to the game but I’d love some help here. I just bought the 2016 P90D that itsjusta6 used on the discovery channel show “The Getaway Driver”. He beat it up pretty good cosmetically so when I got it there was no front bumper but the VIN showed it was a cone. I just put a 2017 bumper on it but I know it’s not done properly. Any help with what parts I need to make it right would be greatly appreciated!

This thread has a lot more info:

This video from a board member really helped me out. Though I ended up buying new fog light so I didn't cut my bumper.

If anyone in the OC area, stop by and see all the retrofits we done. Its pretty simple and if you need help, feel free to call or contact us. The fitment is OEM perfect...especially with us replacing the hoods for our clients. We have done them on 2012-2015 Tesla cars.
Hello can you send me your contact information I have a 2014 and I have the double latch .

I have a 15 MS with the retrofit front bumper from Unplugged Performance and hood has double latch. I purchase front grille from Unplugged Performance for due to OEM front grille fitment caused by gap. I would like to go back to my OEM grille if possible. Can you fix with your custom hood strikers to adapt the facelift hood to the double latch?
Hello do you have a latch for a 2014 I need the retrofit trying to update my hood to the newer one , also is it hard to update to the newer lights do you have a kit to update to the newer lights like a harness so there’s no errors when putting them in.

Parts alone from Tesla minus the bumper is around $600 . Here is a recent Retrofit we did for a customer that wanted the full package with the Maxton Design kit. We replaced with all OEM parts....Headlights, hood, bumper and. grill.
You will have to make some custom brackets for the louvers and extend the parking sensor harness.
Hi were you able to update your headlights to the newer version and what was needed and did you have an error on your dash when updated it .