Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Tires? late 2015 MS90d w/19"

deaddog

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
What were the available OEM tires the could have been delivered with a 2015 MS90d w/ 19" Silver Cyclone wheels -- order date October 2015, delivery early December 2015? Were all options a/s or was it possible to get summer performance tires? Assume the order sheet is silent on tires.

Thanks

My similar vintage 90D with cyclones also rolled out on the Michelins. I don’t recall summer tires ever being an option on the 19s, cyclones or not. I think the Michelins were an upgrade over the regular a/s tire that came equipped on the standard five spoke 19s. Like the other poster, I have no complaints with the Michelins, having recently replaced them with the same after about 39k (and they still had 4+/32 tread depth left).

bmah

Moderator, Supercharger Hunter
Global Moderator
Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
My similar vintage 90D with cyclones also rolled out on the Michelins. I don’t recall summer tires ever being an option on the 19s, cyclones or not. I think the Michelins were an upgrade over the regular a/s tire that came equipped on the standard five spoke 19s. Like the other poster, I have no complaints with the Michelins, having recently replaced them with the same after about 39k (and they still had 4+/32 tread depth left).

I don't think the Michelin Primacy MXM4 was an upgrade, as in "added-cost option". That's what my car came with (April 2015-build S85D) and I didn't pay extra for better wheels or tires. The tires themselves were great, and lasted me about 36K miles until I replaced them with another set of Michelin Primacies.

Bruce.

N4HHE

Oct 15, 2013
Madison, AL
I don't think the Michelin Primacy MXM4 was an upgrade, as in "added-cost option". That's what my car came with (April 2015-build S85D) and I didn't pay extra for better wheels or tires. The tires themselves were great, and lasted me about 36K miles until I replaced them with another set of Michelin Primacies.

Bruce.

I think the Primacy came on 85 and up. That Goodyears were fitted to 60, 70, and maybe 75 with Primacy as an extra cost upgrade.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC