Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Tow bar install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!
Im well happy with my M3LR, but I do however miss a towbar.
So im thinking of mounting a OEM one, but I cant seem to find any images/videos of how it looks without the bumper.

By looking at the Tesla one, it seems to use only 3 of the 4 chassis mounting points on each side, compared to what the crash bar and the 3rd party towbars use.

So im wondering if someone have any knowledge and/or pictures of how it looks mounted. If there is anything needed besides the towbar assembly.

Many thanks
Kris

I think they are talking about a hitch and not a tow bar. In Norway model 3s have an OEM hitch.

In USA a tow bar is generally what we use to tow a car behind a camper/rv or larger vehicle. It would be in the front of your 3.

The hitch is in the service manual and the service manual is free if you sign up for it.

Screenshot_20220910-020022~2.png

Upvote 0
By looking at the Tesla one, it seems to use only 3 of the 4 chassis mounting points on each side, compared to what the crash bar and the 3rd party towbars use.

So im wondering if someone have any knowledge and/or pictures of how it looks mounted. If there is anything needed besides the towbar assembly.
There is a thead talking about the 3 versus 4 bolts bumper Model 3:

Upvote 0