Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off Menu Colors - Complete Gone or just offered unknown to new customers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know Black Obsidian and Silver Metallic colors are no longer offered.

I think Elon said they will be still offered but as off menu.

Are they still available for people to order or are they basically gone once the all the color stocks are gone?

We know Black Obsidian and Silver Metallic colors are no longer offered.

I think Elon said they will be still offered but as off menu.

Are they still available for people to order or are they basically gone once the all the color stocks are gone?
A friend of mine wanted silver, she's getting sliver. She had ordered red, spoke to a tesla sales rep over the phone (fremont store), they called her back saying that the had enough paint left to get her a silver car (LR RWD).

A friend of mine wanted silver, she's getting sliver. She had ordered red, spoke to a tesla sales rep over the phone (fremont store), they called her back saying that the had enough paint left to get her a silver car (LR RWD).

Cool info. I had gone through same. I initially ordered Red MC and then when I heard Silver Metallic would be discontinued, I changed the color to Silver. So based on her story, I guess off menu colors are offered until the paint stocks run out. But once they run out, I guess they are not offered.

Model S stopped providing Metallic Silver in 2015 but it brought it back after 10 months. We may also see Model 3 for those two cars coming back sometime in the future.

Model S stopped providing Metallic Silver in 2015 but it brought it back after 10 months. We may also see Model 3 for those two cars coming back sometime in the future.
It is true that Metallic Silver was dropped and then came back, but currently that color is not available for S, X, or 3. Given how popular silver cars are in the US that surprises me. My guess is that Tesla is trying to improve their paint shop efficiency and as long as sales are strong with just 5 colors to choose from they won’t offer more color choices. But I expect that in the near future we will see more colors offered. As other car companies introduce their Tesla competitors, and in a wide choice of colors, Tesla will have to up their game in the color choice department.

But 6 years after the Model S was introduced I’m still not seeing serious Tesla competitors. Which continues to amaze me. The Jaguar i-Pace is sort of a competitor to the X, as is the Chevy Bolt to the 3, but without a useful high speed charging network their appeal will be limited. Bolt sales in the US are pathetically low. We will see how the i-Pace does...

Reactions: Maximilien
I ordered an AWD with silver off menu on December 7. Haven’t received one yet but hoping a few more people order it off menu so they build a batch....

Old thread, but does anyone know if you can still order silver off menu?

I would say it’s very unlikely. However, don’t give up hope. When I ordered mine I spoke with a sales representative directly from the Fremont sales center, who said it wouldn’t be a problem. Granted it was two years ago (and silver was just discontinued two months prior), but that would probably be your best chance if you can get in contact with someone there (I called their number before placing my order). The worst they can say is no.