Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official 24+ Model 3 Performance Wheel Weights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnpluggedP

Global Vendor
Mar 27, 2014
Hawthorne, CA
Official Model 3 Performance wheel weights! Pulled the tires off and got the wheels weighed!
Kudos to Tesla for making a lightweight forged wheel!

We weighed the aero covers separately at 1.58 lbs

Front without covers: 22.70 lbs
Rear without covers: 23.36 lbs

Front with covers: 24.28 lbs
Rear with covers: 24.94 lbs

Wheel specs: Front are 20x9 +34
Rear are 20x10 +45

Super lightweight compared to the 20x9 Uberturbines which weigh approximately 32 lbs each.

Also impressively close to our lightweight UP-03 forged wheels which in 20x9.5/10.5 weigh 21.46 lbs and 21.98 lbs, respectively, meaning UP wheels are roughly 2.75 lbs and 3 lbs lighter than M3P factory wheels (with aero covers) while gaining a half inch of width.

Upcoming UP 9”/10” staggered fitment with lower offsets coming soon are more comparable to stock and should net even more weight savings.

M3P Wheel Weights 1.jpg

M3P Wheel Weights 2.jpg

M3P Wheel Weights 3.jpg

Appreciate the quick weighing and sharing. Given they are forged and so light weight from the factory it almost negates the need to switch to smaller size wheels, at least from a weight reduction perspective. I know many like a square setup and some track their cars more than others.

Anyhow, awesome wheels nevertheless.

Reactions: UnpluggedP
Can anyone tell me if I would be ok with a sqaure setup of 19 x8.5 on the model 3 performance insane? I already have this setup with my older m3 performance. I only use this for winter as winter tires are a must for me.

Can anyone tell me if I would be ok with a sqaure setup of 19 x8.5 on the model 3 performance insane? I already have this setup with my older m3 performance. I only use this for winter as winter tires are a must for me.
100%. People might say Tesla runs wider rears for a purpose, but I think they are just trying to differentiate between the regular and performance models (like the MY & MYP). People have run square setups on MYP for years without any issues.