Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also an interesting sign…

Tesla Safety Score Documentation is now live:
https://www.tesla.com/support/safety-score

Acceleration, turning, and braking are all used to calculate safety score. So much for owning a performance Tesla…
Here are some exclusions for you; can you try and activate service mode to have fun time, then give your car to someone slow and boring for a few hours of driving around the parking lot: to accumulate safe time?

Any driving and accrued mileage occurring while in service mode is excluded. Trips less than 0.1 mile will be excluded from scoring calculations. Driving on Autopilot will not be included in Safety Score calculations

• Funny
Reactions: momo3605
I love these choices:

X - to close menu
Cancel - to close menu without saving?
Opt Out - to cancel out of the program

Should there be an OK/Done button or something? UI pet peeve

I that is what you see once you enrolled. There is probably some kind of “i” button somewhere that allows you to see the details and/or leave the enrolment. I don’t think this is what you see in order to actually enrol.

Screenshot_20210925-043946.png

Funny that this is the most exciting update in a long time, and for a button that monitors your driving :)
We combine your daily Safety Scores (up to 30 days) to calculate the aggregated Safety Score, displayed on the main ‘Safety Score’ screen of the Tesla app
The Safety Score is a value between 0 and 100, where a higher score indicates safer driving. Most drivers will have a Safety Score of 80 or above.
More than just a button. Now I pray and hope I've been a good boy for the last 30 days so FSD beta unlocks for me tomorrow night. :cool:

Reactions: hcdavis3
Is all my driving captured?
Tesla captures driving over all trips, where a trip consists of any driving (including reversing and Autopilot usage) occurring between the time the vehicle is powered on and able to be driven to the time the vehicle is powered off. Any driving and accrued mileage occurring while in service mode is excluded. Trips less than 0.1 mile will be excluded from scoring calculations. Driving on Autopilot will not be included in Safety Score calculations, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.
Oh good.

Most of my miles are on the freeway with AP or NoA engaged. I thought I might be busted due to regularly driving well over the speed limit (which is unavoidable in CA) while on AP. Also the many, many "hard breaking" (phantom braking) on AP. But this does mean my few miles I drive manually in the city will be scrutinized more strictly now, gotta keep myself in check!

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer