Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are many variables when it comes to fitment. Wheel width, offset, tires width, section width, thread width, and list goes on. This isn’t just about measuring, but it’s about actually fitting a wheel onto the car.

A lot of people might get offended of Signature not sharing the offset or saying this isn’t a trade secret. Yes, it is not a trade secret, but it does take us a lot of time and money to find out the absolute perfect fitment for the Plaid. We don’t just throw one or two specs to the owner and have them pick. Instead, we make sure each customer got their setup to build specifically for their needs/goals/priorities.

Furthermore, It doesn’t matter if we release the offset to the public or not because EVERY Signature customer is guaranteed to get the perfect setup/fitment build specially based on their preference.

Recent fitment we’ve done for the plaid that many were waiting for. The fitment would beon the poke side but no rub.

This setup isn’t build to break the 1/4 record, but a setup build for us to learn more about the Plaid suspension. We are proud to announce that we’ve found the limit of this car.
———
Attack Series SV602
20x12
Toyo R888r in size 325/30/20
C1928EC2-44E4-41EA-ADC2-82A8CE3B1DC5.jpeg
E62CF70E-5DF3-4A07-B181-0F2463FD00DD.jpeg

D18319A6-B5AB-4942-B7C7-3EA58F1272B4.jpeg

Last edited:
First off I want to thank Jamie for being an awesome guide to me as a customer. The depth of the answers he provides are exactly the kind of information I’m looking for. Very very impressed!

that being said, I now have even more fitment questions :) that I’m hoping the general community can help me make up my mind about. I’m locked in on the 20” SV104 for my new Plaid (I’ve got white interiors so it’ll be here in Elon’s “2 weeks” or February - whichever comes first).

I plan on using all season tires with a 101Y load/speed rating so I never have to worry about potholes. I live in north Atlanta and we’ve got january / February in the 30s, plus I like to spend time in the mountains.

Now Jamie has made this interesting for me with the endless custom options of the rims. ive got some choices to make about the fitment. Do I go 20X9 with 255s all corners for the best range or do I go staggered 20x9.5 255 - 20x10.5 285 for a better driving experience.

Then there are options in between like 20x9.5 265 all corners… or 20x9.5 265 front 20x10 275 rear… or … you get my point!

I understand rolling resistance is proportional to tire width, so the best range will be the 255s, but this car is so powerful that I don’t want to sacrifice safety for range. I do want range tho!

thoughts?
P.S. don’t care about rotatability

Last edited:
Reactions: kopo and LucaRiv
First off I want to thank Jamie for being an awesome guide to me as a customer. The depth of the answers he provides are exactly the kind of information I’m looking for. Very very impressed!

that being said, I now have even more fitment questions :) that I’m hoping the general community can help me make up my mind about. I’m locked in on the 20” SV104 for my new Plaid (I’ve got white interiors so it’ll be here in Elon’s “2 weeks” or February - whichever comes first).

I plan on using all season tires with a 101Y load/speed rating so I never have to worry about potholes. I live in north Atlanta and we’ve got january / February in the 30s, plus I like to spend time in the mountains.

Now Jamie has made this interesting for me with the endless custom options of the rims. ive got some choices to make about the fitment. Do I go 20X9 with 255s all corners for the best range or do I go staggered 20x9.5 255 - 20x10.5 285 for a better driving experience.

Then there are options in between like 20x9.5 265 all corners… or 20x9.5 265 front 20x10 275 rear… or … you get my point!

I understand rolling resistance is proportional to tire width, so the best range will be the 255s, but this car is so powerful that I don’t want to sacrifice safety for range. I do want range tho!

thoughts?
I too have worked with Jamie and found his knowledge and input extremely helpful. What I ended up getting were SV 104’s (brushed Titanium) 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 with 265/40 and 295/35 Michelin Pilot Sports. I wanted to stay as close to my original Arachnids in overall size but with a little more comfort. But yes, the possibilities are many. Hope your rocket ship arrives soon.

I too have worked with Jamie and found his knowledge and input extremely helpful. What I ended up getting were SV 104’s (brushed Titanium) 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 with 265/40 and 295/35 Michelin Pilot Sports. I wanted to stay as close to my original Arachnids in overall size but with a little more comfort. But yes, the possibilities are many. Hope your rocket ship arrives soon.
Hmm. Mine will be an MSM too... photos please :) want to see how the MSM looks with the brushed titanium 20" SV104s. I'm gravitating towards the triple black tinted, because of the black out on the car, but would really appreciate a different perspective!

Hmm. Mine will be an MSM too... photos please :) want to see how the MSM looks with the brushed titanium 20" SV104s. I'm gravitating towards the triple black tinted, because of the black out on the car, but would really appreciate a different perspective!
I get the new wheels installed next Tuesday. Will post photos then. I was originally thinking of something darker myself, like “black tinted“, but decided I wanted a distinct contrast with the MSM Color. I’ll always have the Arachnids 🕷 to fall back on if I want the darker look.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG

thoughts?

Jamie is the man, no doubt. Helped me a ton too as there are so many options.

I ended up going with 20x10 and 20x11.

I plan to run PS4s in summer with 285/35 for front and 305/35 for rear.

In the winter (Chicago), I plan on using 285/35 on all 4 corners with some Pirelli Sottozero 3. This car is so darn powerful, I wouldn't want to go lower than 275 in the back. With 20x11 in the rear, I'm limited to 285 as the minimum, but I can also go up to 305.

275 x 4 or 285 x 4 might work well for you but just get a wider rim in the back in case you want more grip later.

Ordered my SV104 (20x10, 20x11) in brushed black triple tint with friction lock. Do folks order fresh TPMS sensors because it’s just easier to swap sets of wheels/tires or because it’s necessary once they’ve been installed in the OEM setup?

Ordered my SV104 (20x10, 20x11) in brushed black triple tint with friction lock. Do folks order fresh TPMS sensors because it’s just easier to swap sets of wheels/tires or because it’s necessary once they’ve been installed in the OEM setup?
Only order a set if you plan to have two wheelsets with tires on them. The TPMS are completely swappable out of the OEM set if you don't plan to reuse those wheels.

Only order a set if you plan to have two wheelsets with tires on them. The TPMS are completely swappable out of the OEM set if you don't plan to reuse those wheels.
Did you notice if the non-foam lined tires were significantly louder than the foam-lined OEM tires? Not that it will change my mind at all, though I’m hoping the ANC will be activated at some point. Btw, your images sold me on this wheel!

Did you notice if the non-foam lined tires were significantly louder than the foam-lined OEM tires? Not that it will change my mind at all, though I’m hoping the ANC will be activated at some point. Btw, your images sold me on this wheel!
Since I swapped my OEM tires onto my SVS wheels, I'm still running the foam (assuming the tire shop didn't remove it. :) )

I doubt there's any real difference.

… so I found this website (famous last words) that allows me to enter tire and rim details and spits back all sorts of data about things like lower section tire, patch width, patch length, etc.
I’ll post that link here when I’m back at my laptop.

interestingly, manipulating rim width for the same tire can change the patch area. Fascinating. Once you start changing tire sizes and playing around with rim width, it can get pretty crazy soon.

but I’m realizing from that data that it is possible to adjust patch width and patch length to change the rolling resistance and thereby even increase range (theoretically) with a wider tire.

hope I’m on the right track. The industrial engineer in me is totally nuts about this sorta stuff - why make it easier when you can make it complicated!!!

Reactions: jebinc

thoughts?

You will get the most performance you want with 20x9 255/40/20 & 20x10.5 285/35/20. I highly recommend this setup for owner who want great all season setup with enough of tractinon. (+extra sidewall protection against curb)

At just slighlty over $1K, you get one of the best all season tire you can get today. This setup would cost you $400-$500 less per set comparing to any other Michelin or top rated all season tire in 19" and 21"!

• Love
Reactions: MFrunkerOG
All 4 18s would be nice , better drag tire selection . I know 18s can fit over from brakes with proper back spacing and shallow barrel design . I had 18s on my R35 GTR , gtr has even larger front brake rotors then Plaid

The issue isn't about the caliper itself but something else is that in the way. Will have more info once we get them mounted.

Reactions: KnoxPlaid
Few more sets shipping out to Plaid owners ;)

Monoblock Series SV104
- Brushed Black Triple Tinted
-19x9.5
- 19x10.5
-Flush with no poke fitment
-Efficiency/winter setup
-OEM 19” tire compatible
View attachment 696775

Would definitely like a set of 19”s with all season tires for winter and range since I ordered the Plaid with the OEM 21’s. Please PM a quote (shipping to Abilene, TX).

Reactions: SignatureSales