Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Offset for aftermarket wheels? (10.5" rears)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe 9" with a 40mm offset will work. It'll put an additional 1/2" of wheel "inward" (compared to factory 8" wheel)... there isn't a lot of space between the top of the tire and the suspension... you can check with your hand/finger.

And search the Vossen thread, it lists the offset they use for their 9" and 10.5" setup.

Last edited:
I agree that the info on the Vossen CV1's is useful. From what I recall those wheels are like follows (disregarding the change in wheel diameter and tyre choices):
22x9 et30 = Wheel is 16,35mm further out towards fender lip, and you gain 3,75 mm between the suspension arm and wheel (compared to stock 21x8,5 ET40 wheels)
22x10.5 et38 = Wheel is 27,4mm further out towards fender lip, and 23,4mm further in towards suspension.

From what I can see from pictures of the suspension there's not much room between the front wheel and suspension arm, but most 9" wide wheels I've seen have ET35 offset or lower, and shouldn't be a problem.
In the rear there seems to be lots of room between wheel and suspension, but someone who actually have done some measurements should post in here.

(post edited: I posted my 20" options for the CV4's previously :redface:)

Last edited: