Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh crap, price drop after order but before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered standard range (270mi) and EAP Model X a few weeks ago. Delivery scheduled for next week. I emailed my sales rep to ask what I’ll be getting and he said since my car hasn’t been delivered yet, Tesla is ‘gifting’ me FSD and long range. Anyone else get the same?

I ordered standard range (270mi) and EAP Model X a few weeks ago. Delivery scheduled for next week. I emailed my sales rep to ask what I’ll be getting and he said since my car hasn’t been delivered yet, Tesla is ‘gifting’ me FSD and long range. Anyone else get the same?
Actually just confirmed all of this with a call to corporate right now. They had to deep dive the paperwork because she was seeing multiple things on various pages and documents. But overall confirmed long range.

What documents are you seeing this? Just saw my vehicle is now out of production and in transit. The landing page says long range but my actual document still shows performance when I click view specs

The car page does still day Long Range but the PDF shows performance like yours.

Did you happen to order FSD? Based in the post below, maybe they upgraded the cars to performance since we would already be getting long range after the price drop and they could be gifting us performance since we ordered EAP and FSD? ;)

Might not be the last change before you get your car. The deleted the color combination we ordered. They changed the order to a different combination that I think looks better. The also made the Premium Package standard equipment. Reordering would have cost be the $2,500 72 hour deposit, so we did not reorder.

Let us know what you actually get! We ordered the long range in January and rep said we're just getting FSD. So if you paid for the standard range and get long range AND FSD, I'd be jelly since we paid more for the long range in the beginning. Our delivery is later this week.

Let us know what you actually get! We ordered the long range in January and rep said we're just getting FSD. So if you paid for the standard range and get long range AND FSD, I'd be jelly since we paid more for the long range in the beginning. Our delivery is later this week.

In your case, because you paid 8k for the long range, wouldn’t it be better to cancel or reorder? Even if you lose out on $2500 deposit you’d still be ahead by getting long range and FSD for cheaper than your current price, right?

In your case, because you paid 8k for the long range, wouldn’t it be better to cancel or reorder? Even if you lose out on $2500 deposit you’d still be ahead by getting long range and FSD for cheaper than your current price, right?
Correct, canceling and reordering would get us ahead $2,500 (after losing $2,500 from the original deposit). Buying from Oklahoma though was a 3 month wait which was eating away at my patience.

By canceling and reordering do you mean canceling and re-order from Tesla site again? I was wondering if we could cancel it when we pick it up at the service center which would *I THINK* put the model x into their in-stock inventory. Then we just buy it at the new price (same vin and everything)?

Correct, canceling and reordering would get us ahead $2,500 (after losing $2,500 from the original deposit). Buying from Oklahoma though was a 3 month wait which was eating away at my patience.

By canceling and reordering do you mean canceling and re-order from Tesla site again? I was wondering if we could cancel it when we pick it up at the service center which would *I THINK* put the model x into their in-stock inventory. Then we just buy it at the new price (same vin and everything)?

i would definitely let your DS know that you’re receiving a product that cost more for less and maybe they can price adjust, not likely but it’s worth a try. I’ve also heard that others were able to move their $2500 deposit to a new order/purchase, not sure if you can do it with in-stock inventory though. Talk to your DS and see what options there are

Your idea of cancelling at delivery and maybe purchasing once it’s in their inventory, hopefully updated with all the options, sounds better than having to reorder from the website and wait again.

I was considering cancellin my X if it wasn’t upgraded to long range, but my DS says it’s scheduled to be delivered as long range so I’m sticking with it. The possibility of future price cuts/adjustments bother me as it affects resale value but this recent price adjustment is what allowed me to get i to the tesla X Market. Ahhh sucha double edged sword

If you have not received a VIN yet, go in your account and click “edit design” and reconfigure. It will let you create the same car you ordered at the lower price... click save and you will receive an email with the new build data. The PDF of the buyers agreement won’t change, but your account will reflect the new lower price.

Not sure what to do if you already have a VIN. Enjoy your X’s, very nice cars.

I ordered mine last week(already have VIN)with FSD, the sticker is 134,700 after price update dropped to 123,500.
I talked to my DS (Seattle) they told me the only thing I can do is cancel the order and re-order it but I will lose my 2,500 deposit.
Is that true? any ideas?
thanks

I ordered mine last week(already have VIN)with FSD, the sticker is 134,700 after price update dropped to 123,500.
I talked to my DS (Seattle) they told me the only thing I can do is cancel the order and re-order it but I will lose my 2,500 deposit.
Is that true? any ideas?
thanks
Ask if you can edit the order, remove the FSD, and get that free?

Is that true? any ideas?
thanks

You’re either losing $11k or $2500. I would cancel and reorder or some people have had luck getting their deposit transferred to a new order. Try pushing for that.