Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered out of inventory (Tesla Y red/white)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered about 2 hrs ago. Saved about $5k ordering out of inventory. Will have to make a 6-1/2 drive to Austin to pick it up but the savings was worth it. 2 week delivery.

Can't believe I forgot to use the referral code. I was all geared to do it but completely forgot at the last moment.

Called Tesla and said I was SOL. Oh well.

Plan to drop the Y at Royal Auto Finishes in Austin to get it Level 1 Tesla application.

Reactions: cdub
Congrats! Which trim Y are you getting?
Tesla Long range with 19" wheels and 5 seater. Going through the delivery setup.

The Tesla rep said 2 weeks when inquiring about the car in inventory.

Then I get a text saying "it's time to schedule your Model Y deliver". 😆

Was going to get the Tesla Insurance but 1st month's premium was going to be $220. I realize it would be adjust after the first month but my Texas Farm Bureau should be around $110/mo.

Will get the loan through Tesla if it comes in a 6.2% for 72 months. Otherwise I will use my credit union which is 7.4%

Reactions: cdub
Don't feel bad on missing the referral code.

I did the same thing, just totally forgot about it.
I have some Tesla stock, so I just look at it as helping their bottom line to me as a share holder.

Congrats on the New Tesla and Color combo,

I Love Red exterior with white interior, but upgrading to the Performance model ate up my extra option choices
otherwise I would have had an electric "twin" in colors to my other Red /white interior car.

Hey wait a minute....

Tradosaurus are you active on another site and have a Kubota tractor?
If so congrats and welcome from the 3 other Tesla owners on the unmentioned site.

Last edited:
Reactions: tradosaurus
Don't feel bad on missing the referral code.

I did the same thing, just totally forgot about it.
I have some Tesla stock, so I just look at it as helping their bottom line to me as a share holder.
I was able to find an identical Tesla Y for $800 cheaper this morning (at a different Austin location) so I'm having Tesla swap VIN # so I can buy that one. Supposedly they can only do this twice.

Austin, Tx has two delivery locations not far apart.

Reactions: 455dan