Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ohme locked in car unless....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems I can only unlock my Ohme charger by going in to the car selecting car/charging/unlock charger. Tesla app wont do it and I'd even hoped it might unlock as I walk up? Seems a hassle. Is that right or is either Ohme/Tesla app not working as it should? Thanks!

As far as I am aware, you open the car and use the screen (as you described) or use the app by clicking on charging icon (the lightning bolt) and then hit 'unlock charge port', which is just under the amps display.

Screenshot_2022-08-07-09-50-59-369_com.teslamotors.tesla~2.jpg

I think some people have set up routines with NFC, but there is nothing like that as 'standard'.

A Tesla wall charger has a button on the plug...

Last edited:
Reactions: M1tch
Be aware of the caveats when using the manual release:

Warning
Do not pull the release cable while simultaneously attempting to remove the charge cable from the charge port. Always pull the release cable before attempting to remove the charge cable. Failure to follow these instructions can result in electric shock and serious injury.
CAUTION
Use the release cable only in situations where you can not release the charge cable using the usual methods. Continuous use can damage the release cable or charging equipment.
Warning
Do not perform this procedure when your vehicle is charging, or if any orange high voltage conductors are exposed. Failure to follow these instructions can result in electric shock and serious injury or damage to the vehicle. If you are uncertain as to how to safely perform this procedure, contact your nearest Service Center.

Reactions: Casss