Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohme ePod + Intelligent problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone feel like a typical one time forum user but I really am stuck with this so I’m looking for guidance/suggestions

Have a Model 3 and have an Ohme ePod charger (untethered) which was supplied and fitted by octopus. My problem is I seem to only be able to charge the car once and then the car is stuck on the last charging session and won’t initiate a new charging session. Schedules are active and if I unplug the car the app can see it’s unplugged and vice versa if plugged in. The only fix I’ve found so far is to contact Ohme technical support and for them to delete the charger from the account and then I set the car up with the charger again. Quite a nuisance especially as I’m on holiday and just want the car to stay at about 60% to keep the battery from going flat! Has anyone else had this problem there’s no way I’m the only one affected? Tech support are good but I don’t see the point in me paying £1k for a charger for me to contact tech support every time I need to charge the car…are other chargers more reliable? I’m guessing it’s something to do with the charger/car/app not knowing that it needs to start charging to the active schedule.

I'm guessing you've linked the Ohme to Intelligent, and using that to schedule charging?
If so, quickest fix is:
1. Delete the Ohme from Intelligent Octopus, and remove any schedules (ie - make it dumb)
2. Link Intelligent to your M3 instead

OR:
3. Set a charge schedule in the M3 for the cheap overnight Intellgient rate and control all charging from the car / Tesla app

I had issues where my Ohme (original unit) wouldn't talk clearly to Intelligent, & I could never see my charge schedule anywhere. As I wanted to know the schedule so I could also run other household stuff during the cheap rate, I switched the link to my M3 & had no issues since (bar 1 incidence of not reaching the sharge level, which I put down to my phone rebooting overnight with a security update, which logged me out of most apps).

Upvote 0
I'm guessing you've linked the Ohme to Intelligent, and using that to schedule charging?
If so, quickest fix is:
1. Delete the Ohme from Intelligent Octopus, and remove any schedules (ie - make it dumb)
2. Link Intelligent to your M3 instead

OR:
3. Set a charge schedule in the M3 for the cheap overnight Intellgient rate and control all charging from the car / Tesla app

I had issues where my Ohme (original unit) wouldn't talk clearly to Intelligent, & I could never see my charge schedule anywhere. As I wanted to know the schedule so I could also run other household stuff during the cheap rate, I switched the link to my M3 & had no issues since (bar 1 incidence of not reaching the sharge level, which I put down to my phone rebooting overnight with a security update, which logged me out of most apps).
The charging schedules change on the octopus app though how do you get around that?

Upvote 0
If you've linked Intelligent to the Tesla directly, and made the Ohme charger "dumb" (no schedules), then Octopus scheduling provides the car with whatever charge amount it is set for, within whatever schedules it sets.
OR
Accept the standard 23.30 - 05.30 cheap rate window Intelligent offers anyway, and just set a charge start or scheduled departure schedule to match that in the Tesla....

Upvote 0