Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK. Tire wear is past ridiculous. Photo attached

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Camber will wear the inside of the tires more than the outside. But toe will eat up the inside. I made sure that the specs were redone as soon as we received our S in Feb 2013 due to a slight pull, and we just recently replaced our 21 Michelins after 34,000 miles. They were still not worn like your are. I always made sure the tires were inflated to 45lbs. There is some extensive discussions on this on the board.

Regarding the inflation of the 19's, Tesla went from 45 to 49 lb recommendations a while back.

When our 21's were changed, I had a set of 19inch TSTs and just put on the original Goodyears since I had them in storage that we had taken off the car when new. Although I did like the look of the 21's, I really like the comfort of the 19s.

Camber will wear the inside of the tires more than the outside. But toe will eat up the inside. I made sure that the specs were redone as soon as we received our S in Feb 2013 due to a slight pull, and we just recently replaced our 21 Michelins after 34,000 miles. They were still not worn like your are. I always made sure the tires were inflated to 45lbs. There is some extensive discussions on this on the board.

Regarding the inflation of the 19's, Tesla went from 45 to 49 lb recommendations a while back.

When our 21's were changed, I had a set of 19inch TSTs and just put on the original Goodyears since I had them in storage that we had taken off the car when new. Although I did like the look of the 21's, I really like the comfort of the 19s.
The recomenmended tire pressure on my 9/15/15 delivered 90D 19" Michelins are 45 pounds not 49.

Thank you for all the thoughts. I ran staggered 21s. I often overinflated so that the tire will sit more of the center patch. Tesla yesterday and send me a copy of my most recent alignment. In the door and out the door. Out the door was In Spec but in the door was out. This suggests they think my local tire shops alignment was done poorly, as it was only done a couple of weeks before my visit to the SC. Either way, Tesla's perfect alignment net result was what you see in the picture. They did kindly offer to check it again.

I decided to purchase a tire and wheel combination from tire rack that is nearly visually identical to my 21s… Only in 20 inch and with non-runflat tires. Decent value at this full set up costing less then replacing my 21" tires. Just put them on. They run at about half to one third the noise of the 21s on textured roads ( though in fairness, I have a cold and I wonder if my hearing can be trusted) and I think they look pretty cool. A bit shinier and a few shades lighter than the 21s. I went with The nine and 10 staggered Axis MS wheels. 275 35 20 and 245 40 20 Firehawk Indy 500 with a 340 treadwear.

Just damn disappointing that I had to go this route. Hope they're not stripped bald quickly.

Worth noting is that Tire rack packages these and ships them with simply a sheet of cardboard strapped to the wheel. As one unsurprisingly was damaged, they offered me a $75 credit. That's crap!

Thank you for all the thoughts. I ran staggered 21s. I often overinflated so that the tire will sit more of the center patch. Tesla yesterday and send me a copy of my most recent alignment. In the door and out the door. Out the door was In Spec but in the door was out. This suggests they think my local tire shops alignment was done poorly, as it was only done a couple of weeks before my visit to the SC. Either way, Tesla's perfect alignment net result was what you see in the picture. They did kindly offer to check it again.

I decided to purchase a tire and wheel combination from tire rack that is nearly visually identical to my 21s… Only in 20 inch and with non-runflat tires. Decent value at this full set up costing less then replacing my 21" tires. Just put them on. They run at about half to one third the noise of the 21s on textured roads ( though in fairness, I have a cold and I wonder if my hearing can be trusted) and I think they look pretty cool. A bit shinier and a few shades lighter than the 21s. I went with The nine and 10 staggered Axis MS wheels. 275 35 20 and 245 40 20 Firehawk Indy 500 with a 340 treadwear.

Just damn disappointing that I had to go this route. Hope they're not stripped bald quickly.

Worth noting is that Tire rack packages these and ships them with simply a sheet of cardboard strapped to the wheel. As one unsurprisingly was damaged, they offered me a $75 credit. That's crap!
What didn't you like about run-flats? I know they are not OEM because of weight and noise, what's your view?

Looking at your photos I do not think that is alignment issue it is way too far to the side without the tire being worn at an angle. I believe something is rubbing when you go over bumps on that side.

The rear camber can be adjusted it requires a new adjustable bolt to be installed in the knuckle I don't know what size it is but this cars suspension is not magic it's just a normal IR suspension. Like I said though something is rubbing most likely too bad you don't live close to me I would figure it out for you.

Who has these adjustable bolts? Tesla doesn't. I called parts in Fremont directly and they've never heard of an offset camed camber bolt. The only solution I know of is the adjustable links that cost $1200.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Huh? My 3/31/15 P85D says 50 PSI on door sticker.
Don't know what to tell you...here's my door stickers. Maybe it's because you have a "P" with different tires. Mine are the stock Michelin Primacy's.

I cannot find the thread, but about a year or so ago supposedly TESLA came out with a notice to recommend increasing tire pressure to 49psi if I remember correctly. It was discussed on here as 49psi is close to the recommended maximum for the tire rating on the 19s.