Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old MS Forcible Firmware Update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my car, 10k VIN 40kw, into Tesla for it's 3 year service with the instructions that the firmware not be updated as i like the old UI and there were no bugs with my car, everything working as it should. I got the car back without the firmware being updated however i noticed that the alarm indicating a available update had gone from yellow to white. This morning I woke up to find that the new 7.1 was installed. :( Tesla claims that the firmware update was scheduled at 5:59am the previous day at the service center when they were closed and was required to have Google maps and Voice features continue to work as Google is updating their security. Has anyone else's car been forcibly updated? Maybe this was due to it being at the service center and connected to their wifi when this update was issued?

There is a lot of debate about forcing updates. I'm one who takes all updates.

I'm more concerned with security than anything else. Since we don't get details from Tesla on what is being updated, I don't want to take any chances.

Just got off the phone with Seattle Service... they are blaming the service manager moving cars at 5:59 am. They even stated that it was not "malicious". I had not insinuated anything of the kind, guilty conscience? They refuse to downgrade it or make any compensatory offer for screwing up. I have noticed issues with the new firmware predominantly the rearview camera lagging the shift into reverse or sometimes not showing up at all.