TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Old style HPWC wall bracket missing

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by BenT, May 5, 2017.

1. BenT

BenT Member

Around 18 months after buying my 2015 Model S second-hand I am finally getting around to installing the HPWC. I have the one that was demounted by the previous owner and the electrician is coming Monday morning. It is an older style silver charger. Single phase I think. Now having had a closer look at the instructions I realized I am missing a metal bracket that sits between the charger and the wall. I will post a picture from the manual. Does anyone have any ideas how I might a. install without the wall bracket or b. replace the part. I am in Adelaide so do not have quick and easy access to service centers.

2. BenT

BenT Member

3. Kirriport

Kirriport Member

Ben, My wall connector is being replaced this week and I do not have to return the old faulty one.
    It is a late 2016 model but if the bracket looks like the one in your photo I'll mail it to you.

• Like x 2
  4. BenT

BenT Member

Thanks. I think the late 2016 might be different. Let me know and I can send you my address. I will also see how the electrician goes. According to the previous owner their initial installer didn't use a bracket as it was installed onto rammed earth wall. I am installing onto stone wall so i might see if they can put straight onto wall or use a piece of board as bracket.

5. BenT

BenT Member

This is the latest model which has different style wall brackets.

Attached Files:

6. BenT

BenT Member

Sorted I think.