Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old vs. New Tesla Home Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I'm a current Tesla owner who uses the below charger for my Tesla Y which is coming off lease any day now. I'm upgrading to a 2024 Model S Long Range and wondering if I should get the new Tesla charger or if I should just keep this one? Does the newer one have any benefits other than look/feel? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• TeslaChargerv2.jpg
    TeslaChargerv2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 22
The photo looks like the current Gen 2 mobile connector. Are you using it as pictured, with a 120VAC plug? I don't see what you will gain by purchasing a new one.

If you can install a Wall Connector, you could put the money into that and potentially get a higher charging speed. Toss the mobile connector in the frunk.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Hi - I'm a current Tesla owner who uses the below charger for my Tesla Y which is coming off lease any day now. I'm upgrading to a 2024 Model S Long Range and wondering if I should get the new Tesla charger or if I should just keep this one? Does the newer one have any benefits other than look/feel?
There is no newer one. That is the current generation of mobile charging cable.

Hi - I'm a current Tesla owner who uses the below charger for my Tesla Y which is coming off lease any day now. I'm upgrading to a 2024 Model S Long Range and wondering if I should get the new Tesla charger or if I should just keep this one? Does the newer one have any benefits other than look/feel? Thanks in advance.
Since it is coming off lease and you will be returning it, are they requiring you to return the charger? If so, you may have to buy a new one if your new vehicle doesnt come with one.