Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On hold with Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Avendit

Apr 18, 2019
EDI
I really wish companies with long hold times would take some time to increase the usability of their hold system. In order of benefit:
  1. If its going to be answered in the order it was received, then what is wrong with a call back system please?
  2. If the average answer time is going to be upwards of 5 minutes, stop interrupting the music every 30 seconds (just timed it) to give me the same recorded message. I want to get on with something else, which I can't do effectively with someone talking at me, but I can with music.
  3. Give me a queue position, or estimation of time to wait. I really appreciate it when companies do this and let me make an informed decision as to whether I have to time to wait it out or not. And would reduce call volumes at the start of the call rather than an hour in when people then rage hangup.
  4. Every time you interrupt the music I think its going to be a person. This attention roller coaster is killing me and numbs me to a voice interrupting the music and therefore I will take longer to identify and start interacting when a real person answers.
  5. 30 seconds? 30 SECONDS! If I need a message repeated this often to remember why the music is on I probably shouldn't be buying a car.
  6. how often am I going to hear the damn message about your busy busy people and answering in the order received? Average call wait seems to be ~an hour so I'm going to have to hear it 120 times. In some jurisdictions that would be classed cruel and unusual....
  7. How about between songs? Or every 5 minutes if there is some legal requirement to keep saying it. Tell me once at the start then every 10 minutes?
Anyway - only actually a 20 minute wait this time, music wasn't bad and guy answering was way friendlier than I could be if my job was just answering the phone all day.

Avendit