Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Year. Model S Drivers and Buyers, here's One Year's driving Data, New England:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My one year stats:

Miles driven: 20,232
Energy used: 6.584 MWh (*)
Energy Economy: 325 Wh/mile (3.07 miles/kWh)
Avg Energy Cost per mile: $0.047(**)
Maximum fun: Lots!

ModelS2013.png

Trip B was reset the moment the car arrived off the truck.
(*) As shown by the car. Losses from the wall unknown.
(**) Assumes $0.18/kWh for first 6 months, and $0.11/kWh for last 6 months (after solar panels installed)

One year for me today!!! I actually got the car in the evening before it went into the shop for paint armor...I expected more miles at this point but multiple snow days and a nearly two week trip in the past month have cut my rate!

4 supercharged road trips so far and my wife has still driven the car just once.

I attempted to do a range charge last night but due to the hysteresis it was charging when I left this morning. It wasn't apparent to me until I backed out my driveway and saw that I had some regen. I have no concerns with battery degradation so far.

My car had 45 miles on it when I received it. Also note I am scheduled to have the TPMS system looked at next week as well as the front defroster retrofit. I have had my 12V battery replaced preemptively and some steering and sunroof "tightening".

uta7e4ej.jpg
4a7urejy.jpg
u2unuhas.jpg

Rock on!!!

Last edited:
"I have concerns with battery degradation so far." Was there supposed to be a "no" in there somewhere?

If the experienced Roadster capacity loss (0.16% per 1000 miles) also holds true for the Model S, one might expect something like 2-3% capacity loss after 20 000 miles. What do you think the capacity is right now?

"I have concerns with battery degradation so far." Was there supposed to be a "no" in there somewhere?

If the experienced Roadster capacity loss (0.16% per 1000 miles) also holds true for the Model S, one might expect something like 2-3% capacity loss after 20 000 miles. What do you think the capacity is right now?

Yes, I'll update the original post. Was typing from my iPhone once I got into the office.
The capacity is 256 I think, I rarely range charge, as I hate having no regen.