Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only 1 heated seat icon on bottom bar!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I only have 1 heated seat (driver) showing in bottom bar.

The other one is not visible to select and bring down.

It was visible briefly a couple of days ago.

Have done a soft reset, don't want to do a full yet if there is an easy solution.

TIA

Attachments

• 20220526_192130.jpg
    20220526_192130.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 20220526_192032.jpg
    20220526_192032.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 121
Seems a bit silly if that's the case. I know that 2021 on cars have the ability to turn off that side of the climate control, if no one is present, but what if you wanted to warm the seat up for someone who is about to get in?

I get both controls on my 2020 car, presumably because I don't have the feature to turn off the fans on the passenger side.

I know a 2020 car doesn't have the hardware to turn off the fan on the passenger side when there is no one in the seat. If there is a passenger detection system on later cars then I guess that could also logically tie in to the heated seat functionality as well. To be honest though I'm speculating.

You could well be right about the SYNC aspect too.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
At least you’ve managed to get heated seat, demister etc down there. I’ve given up now as I put them there and they just disappear after I’ve left car and got back in. Just put it down to another “is it worth my time & effort” issue on the car 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣.

Seems a bit silly if that's the case. I know that 2021 on cars have the ability to turn off that side of the climate control, if no one is present, but what if you wanted to warm the seat up for someone who is about to get in?

I get both controls on my 2020 car, presumably because I don't have the feature to turn off the fans on the passenger side.
a quick tap on the seat wakes everything up

Hi all

I only have 1 heated seat (driver) showing in bottom bar.

The other one is not visible to select and bring down.

It was visible briefly a couple of days ago.

Have done a soft reset, don't want to do a full yet if there is an easy solution.

TIA
give the passenger seat a quick tap or clip in the seatbelt, this will wake everything up until the next cycle

I can be arsed learning how to reboot a car

Press and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes blank.

I recommend you do that after every software update ... there have been loads of reports of something not working properly, after an update, that was cured by reboot.

Given that seems to be the case I find it surprising that the Update itself doesn't do that (twice if that's what is needed), but ...

Reactions: pharwood
Press and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes blank.

I recommend you do that after every software update ... there have been loads of reports of something not working properly, after an update, that was cured by reboot.

Given that seems to be the case I find it surprising that the Update itself doesn't do that (twice if that's what is needed), but ...
Knowing my luck the car will probably never restart and need low loading to SC🤦🏼‍♂️🤣. Agree the car should do that itself if there’s history of things not working correctly after updates🤔. Does it actually state anywhere that this is necessary after every update anywhere?

Knowing my luck the car will probably never restart and need low loading to SC🤦🏼‍♂️🤣. Agree the car should do that itself if there’s history of things not working correctly after updates🤔. Does it actually state anywhere that this is necessary after every update anywhere?

It isn't necessary to do a reboot after software updates. I think what happens is that some people routinely do the reboot and have no consequent problems ... so they assume that the reboot was doing something useful. I don't routinely do a reboot after software updates and very rarely have any issues. If you DO have some spurious issues then a 2 button reboot is a simple thing to try, whether it's after a software update or at any other time.

Does it actually state anywhere that this is necessary after every update anywhere?

No, not that I know of, but there are plenty of instances reported on the forums of something goofy happening after an update which was then solved with a reboot.

I'm a software engineer, and I find it hard to believe that a software update wouldn't include some "clear the decks" as necessary ... but folklore suggests that may not be the case - or some other actor is getting in the way, somehow.

Reactions: Xdama
Shows in my 2020 M3P all the time, and I noticed yesterday if I press on the seat base when it’s set to Auto it starts warming it up, so it does seem that there is a passenger detection sensor. No idea why the option is completely missing on later cars.