Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only earnings call disappointment- No info about HW1 equipped cars.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it very disappointing there was no useful insight about the issues we are slowly discovering about engineers not being able to swap HW1 cars with FSD equipment. Also it would have been good to hear more about the upcoming features of FSD. Not much fun news but a good earnings report in all.

While disappointing, it is also understandable. Earnings calls are usually about items concerning profitability of the company.
Also little time spent on original roadster.
What was amazing to me is that Tesla has new (and better) EPA range ratings, but they have not gotten around to posting them. Due to hard work by Tesla, our cars are getting even more long legged. Mentioned almost 400 miles for Model S and Model X getting better as well.

Plaid is coming EOY and should blow peoples mind with what it can do. FSD is advancing behind the scenes.
Semi is being held back, because there is so much demand for cars, and the trucks take so many batteries they get pushed back.

Next big deal will be their Battery Day reveal in April. Even Elon seemed blown away at some of the things they have achieved.

Some of the questions were inane and poorly thought out. Took away some of the available time for more valuable questions (like yours).

Elon mentioned that they missed a demonstration of recent FSD capabilities they wanted to reveal before EOY...but not by much. Expect more details....soon.

Loved to see the aftermarket stock bug in the corner, hovering around $650/share.

Not sure they are putting as much resources into bringing legacy cars forward as they are in making the latest offering even better.

Saw a video on Gruber Motors doing lots of legacy work on older Model S and Roadsters. They might be someone to contact about doing what you want. Find them on utube. Working on refurbishing older batteries, electronics, door handles, motors, fans etc. They specialize in bringing bricked Tesla back to life. They rework old computers, displays, invertors etc.

• Love
Reactions: selfbp
Definitely need an answer to the MCU 1 -> 2 upgrade also or we all should just sell the cars ASAP. Not much point in waiting for the HW3 replacement when the MCU slows down every release. :(

HW1 cars are a different story where they would have to dismantle the cars and add sensors that didn’t exist. Not sure how that’s even possible.

Reactions: alexucf
I'd like to know when Elon plans to send the referral award winners their Founder's series Next Gen Roadsters!??!?!!

I mean really, the reveal was three years ago!! And I think it was 2020 when they were originally promised to go into production. I don't need the Semi...I need the NG Roadster!

(Disclaimer: Margaritas).

I'd like to know when Elon plans to send the referral award winners their Founder's series Next Gen Roadsters!??!?!!

I mean really, the reveal was three years ago!! And I think it was 2020 when they were originally promised to go into production. I don't need the Semi...I need the NG Roadster!

(Disclaimer: Margaritas).
LOL "Need" Hank? LOL :p

He was too busy stumbling over his words and trying to change what he promised about FSD. I don't even have a car capable of FSD and that back-pedal was cringe-worthy. It's okay though because I'm sure the Tesla apologists will be along shortly to call me out-of-line for pointing out the glaring misstep as if it were my fault somehow for not hearing him properly when he promised it would be "feature-ready" by the end of 2019 and needing only regulatory approval to be pushed out. I'm the people who pre-paid for FSD heard the same thing.

Just a clarification on the OP, HW1 cars had MobileEye and they never had an FSD option. HW2 was the first non-MobileEye hardware and the first hardware that had an FSD option. Are you referring to MCU1?

AP1 is MobileEye. You can't have "meant AP1" and "not MobileEye" because they are the same thing. I'm still confused.
Im talking about the 2.0 computers. Mobileye hardware wasn’t to be referred to. My bad. I’ve been having several autopilot related threads on different social platforms and I can see it’s getting to me. :rolleyes:

He was too busy stumbling over his words and trying to change what he promised about FSD. I don't even have a car capable of FSD and that back-pedal was cringe-worthy. It's okay though because I'm sure the Tesla apologists will be along shortly to call me out-of-line for pointing out the glaring misstep as if it were my fault somehow for not hearing him properly when he promised it would be "feature-ready" by the end of 2019 and needing only regulatory approval to be pushed out. I'm the people who pre-paid for FSD heard the same thing.

The reality is, Elon lies. He lies about everything and anything and yet because of who he is, he gets a pass... The mental gymnastics his fan club is willing to go to in order to redefine is lies are comical... I wouldn't trust Elon to tell me what color the sky was without visually verifying it myself. FSD has been vaporware, it will remain vaporware and I hate to tell anyone with HW3/3.5/whatever, you're not getting FSD. Ever. The hardware isn't good enough, I can give you so many examples of why starting with a complete inability to see left/right at any discernible distance. The car literally can't see cross traffic when it's pulling out into it and you honestly think FSD software is somehow going to magically overcome that? While I love EAP, I still get software updates that regress it's trustworthiness... Just when I think I can reliably predict what it's going to do and when, another update comes out and something significant changes.

If you bought FSD then you are a fool. I do not say that to be insulting although I realize it might come off that way. One thing I've learned from Tesla/Elon over the years is trust nothing, even if it's in writing. Trust only what you can see/use and until FSD actually does something that's relevant to its title, I'm not paying one dime for it, neither should any of you. Do not confuse my post here with EAP though, I'm speaking specifically of FSD.

Jeff