Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted the application for my car on June 7th, and like everyone here, haven't heard a thing. This morning I looked at the Ontario Ombudsman site and it does appear their office does oversee the Ministry Of Transportation as well. Once I get home tonight, I'll file a complaint and see if it gets me any more information. I don't expect a quick response from the Ombudsman's office either.

I am very frustrated with the lack of communication on MoF/MoT's part. They could at least provide some sort of a target date as opposed to leaving people completely guessing as to what's happening.

I just complained too for all it's worth. This almost seems like discriminatory behaviour just like in September.

I submitted the application for my car on June 7th, and like everyone here, haven't heard a thing. This morning I looked at the Ontario Ombudsman site and it does appear their office does oversee the Ministry Of Transportation as well. Once I get home tonight, I'll file a complaint and see if it gets me any more information. I don't expect a quick response from the Ombudsman's office either.

I am very frustrated with the lack of communication on MoF/MoT's part. They could at least provide some sort of a target date as opposed to leaving people completely guessing as to what's happening.
I would agree. We need to make more noise or else it's probably going to be March before any payment is made. Please keep us posted on the development.

I got a "statement of disallowance" with my charging rebate on the mail. Looks like my calculation was not correct and necessary adjustments from the government. I received the paper statement in the mail dated Dec 12th 2018. I had filed my charger rebate on Jun 18th. Looking forward for payout soon. I have not heard anything from EHVIP rebate that I applied on Jun 13th.

Did anyone try calling recently?

To answer myself, I tried calling yesterday and ended up at a message telling me to email [email protected] - looks like you can't speak to anyone any more. I've emailed but I'm fully expecting the same generic "it's being processed" message.

My bet is they've shipped all the printed-out emails and forms from MoF over to MTO in a vast amount of boxes and they're waiting for some skeleton crew to start working on them when they eventually get moving after the holiday break.

I think I'll do an ombudsman complaint too - it's been over six months now, not unreasonable to at least be able to get status if not the payment.

I got a "statement of disallowance" with my charging rebate on the mail. Looks like my calculation was not correct and necessary adjustments from the government. I received the paper statement in the mail dated Dec 12th 2018. I had filed my charger rebate on Jun 18th. Looking forward for payout soon. I have not heard anything from EHVIP rebate that I applied on Jun 13th.

I got my charger rebate yesterday (applied Jun 18th)

I just complained too for all it's worth. This almost seems like discriminatory behaviour just like in September.

Just an update. The Ontario obudsman (department?) actually called me back and they collected all the information that I had and are making inquiries. The response back was welcoming as they actually were unaware of this issue and were surprised that it's taken so long (7 months).

I mentioned that I was part of a larger group of people that are all in the same boat, and that this isn't a individual issue. I told him about trickling out money for chargers (approximately 1000 dollars) so that they could keep the larger sum for interest (assumption).

He mentioned that if more people are having this issue to encourage them to also file a complaint as more complaints about the same issue will flag this as a more urgent matter.

Please fill out the form here: Make a Complaint - Ontario Ombudsman

Hopefully this kicks the tires a bit and we get our money back. As I'm sure some of us are slowly bleeding from loans on this 14K.

Just an update. The Ontario obudsman (department?) actually called me back and they collected all the information that I had and are making inquiries. The response back was welcoming as they actually were unaware of this issue and were surprised that it's taken so long (7 months).

I mentioned that I was part of a larger group of people that are all in the same boat, and that this isn't a individual issue. I told him about trickling out money for chargers (approximately 1000 dollars) so that they could keep the larger sum for interest (assumption).

He mentioned that if more people are having this issue to encourage them to also file a complaint as more complaints about the same issue will flag this as a more urgent matter.

Please fill out the form here: Make a Complaint - Ontario Ombudsman

Hopefully this kicks the tires a bit and we get our money back. As I'm sure some of us are slowly bleeding from loans on this 14K.
Thanks for sharing. I will also be filling out the form. Let's make more noise folks! :)