Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario licence plate changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be a great experiment. Vote the Green party in and see what happens. Will they continue pursuing their mandate or bend to the will of the status quo and show they are no better than any other party? .

Depends, if there's a majority - they will get some things done. People against will always be against - even if the results mean more revenue for the government to spend on meaningful programs (See Cap and Trade). Businesses bought in and were punished - waiting for lawsuits to claim back their credits.

Open for Business* (*only if your business aligns with our ideologies/lobby group interests).

On May 6th, there is a by-election in Nanaimo-Ladysmith. The Green party could win this and would be a clear indication they bled support from the Liberals due to (Liberal) conflicts of interest between environmental and pipeline agendas.

The BC lower mainland is the one place where the Greens have any shot at anything whatsoever (Guelph excluded :p). I do think the Quebecois should start looking at the Greens tho, their ideologies line up in many ways as they do in the lower mainland.

On May 6th, there is a by-election in Nanaimo-Ladysmith. The Green party could win this and would be a clear indication they bled support from the Liberals due to (Liberal) conflicts of interest between environmental and pipeline agendas.

The thing I find ironic about the whole Liberal pipeline thing is it's clearly them pandering to Alberta in the hopes they'll someday mean something there, but in the end not only did it do nothing for them in Alberta, it's cost them support elsewhere. They'd have done better for themselves by just overtly writing off Alberta for the next generation or so and canning the pipeline.

Go Green Go! I'm ready to put a sign in my lawn when the campaign starts!

Unfortunately, only less than 2% of the voters voted for Green in my district during the last election... It's still a long way to go...
In my district the Green got about 1/10th of what the winning candidate (NDP) got. I figured at least Trudeau was going to push election reform based on his election promises, but that never happened. At the provincial level the referendum on electoral reform here in BC fizzled too. I think electoral reform would have been the best way for Green to get more power but people are afraid of change so I guess we're keeping the old way of doing things.

Why run a by-election when Parliament is about to break for summer and will be dissolved right after labour day for the October election?

It's really about optics; in a democracy no-one is supposed to go without representation any longer than reasonably practicable, even if there's not really any apparent use to the exercise. I agree with this, it's important that people identify with the system, especially with the recent rises in authoritarianism and stupidity.

It's really about optics; in a democracy no-one is supposed to go without representation any longer than reasonably practicable, even if there's not really any apparent use to the exercise. I agree with this, it's important that people identify with the system, especially with the recent rises in authoritarianism and stupidity.

It's beyond stupidity, it's insulting to regress while touting progression via stupid policies and lame slogans. People who voted for Ford must feel stupid after their services are now gone.

It's beyond stupidity, it's insulting to regress while touting progression via stupid policies and lame slogans. People who voted for Ford must feel stupid after their services are now gone.

But the services aren't gone.. You are drinking the Toronto Star/Liberal koolaid. He is finally fixing the fiscal mess and cutting out the waste in the system.
The problem is that school boards, municipalities and government agencies have no idea how to cut out all the waste and bloat in their bureaucracies, instead just announcing layoffs and blaming it on Ford.
Case in point, how many health care agencies, groups, LINHS etc are there needed to run the health care. Cut all the layers of BS and put more money in the front line.

• Disagree
Reactions: mknox and Vawlkus
But the services aren't gone.. You are drinking the Toronto Star/Liberal koolaid. He is finally fixing the fiscal mess and cutting out the waste in the system.
The problem is that school boards, municipalities and government agencies have no idea how to cut out all the waste and bloat in their bureaucracies, instead just announcing layoffs and blaming it on Ford.
Case in point, how many health care agencies, groups, LINHS etc are there needed to run the health care. Cut all the layers of BS and put more money in the front line.

He's going to lose hundreds of millions of dollars for breaching the beer distribution contract the province has with The Beer Store, to enable corner store sales of alcohol. Think about that for a moment. Taxpayers will be on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars, so we can buy beer at corner stores. Then tell me how fiscally prudent he is.

• Disagree
Reactions: mknox and Vawlkus

That's the exact lines "Putting the money in the front lines" I heard 4x during an interview on CBC this morning. Dodge, deflect, repeat canned lines and never answered the host's questions.

We're in a money crunch (Liberals spent and spent, fine). But the policies to get us out of this mess is not being made. We need to raise revenues while cutting costs. Not cut to both. Realistically, should be small tax raises to keep up with inflation while introducing Toll roads, higher taxes while finding those efficiencies in the public sector. Not just a single minded approached - pissing off all the public servants won't do you any good as a political entity.

List of PC disasters:

1. Remove Cap and Trade ~ $2-3billion annual revenue stream - scrapped because of Oil is good, energy efficiencies are bad?
2. On a related note, wasting $30million to fight a loosing battle vs Fed Carbox Tax (Yes, I'll use their words).
3. 6million dollar man turned out to be 120+ million penalties we're on the hook for.
4. Talking about penalties, 100's of millions of penalties for breaching Beerstore/Lcbo contract (again, breach of contract - not a great businessman).
5. Wants our kids to get high, drunk, and make uninformed life and sexual choices because of reasons?
6. Scrapped the Clean Air/regulations that required emission testing - remember them smog days a decade ago? Lets bring that back!
7. Scrapping at 90% complete clean energy with a Global energy firm while making into law that they cannot sue/recoup their loses while declaring "Open for Business" - optics here are whacked. No sane business organization will invest money in Ontario (also see 6million dollar man and Avista Energy)

One of my favorite quotes to live by "You're as good as your last job/project"... Deco labels has been in decline ever since their father died and Ford took over. How do we elect idiots to run our public organizations is still mind boggling.

I'll leave it at 7 points for now. Saving #'s for 3 more years of entertainment.

Last edited:
That's the exact lines "Putting the money in the front lines" I heard 4x during an interview on CBC this morning. Dodge, deflect, repeat canned lines and never answered the host's questions.

We're in a money crunch (Liberals spent and spent, fine). But the policies to get us out of this mess is not being made. We need to raise revenues while cutting costs. Not cut to both. Realistically, should be small tax raises to keep up with inflation while introducing Toll roads, higher taxes while finding those efficiencies in the public sector. Not just a single minded approached - pissing off all the public servants won't do you any good as a political entity.

List of PC disasters:

1. Remove Cap and Trade ~ $2-3billion annual revenue stream - scrapped because of Oil is good, energy efficiencies are bad?
2. On a related note, wasting $30million to fight a loosing battle vs Fed Carbox Tax (Yes, I'll use their words).
3. 6million dollar man turned out to be 120+ million penalties we're on the hook for.
4. Talking about penalties, 100's of millions of penalties for breaching Beerstore/Lcbo contract (again, breach of contract - not a great businessman).
5. Wants our kids to get high, drunk, and make uninformed life and sexual choices because of reasons?
6. Scrapped the Clean Air/regulations that required emission testing - remember them smog days a decade ago? Lets bring that back!
7. Scrapping at 90% complete clean energy with a Global energy firm while making into law that they cannot sue/recoup their loses while declaring "Open for Business" - optics here are whacked. No sane business organization will invest money in Ontario (also see 6million dollar man and Avista Energy)

One of my favorite quotes to live by "You're as good as your last job/project"... Deco labels has been in decline ever since their father died and Ford took over. How do we elect idiots to run our public organizations is still mind boggling.

I'll leave it at 7 points for now. Saving #'s for 3 more years of entertainment.

While I agree with most everything you said, the slight against Deco labels is a little off imo. While I do agree both public Ford's are highly incompetent, it would not be unusual for Deco to have failed, incompetent Ford's or not. The paper graphics business has been totally decimated by the home office and the internet. Any company with any kind of need now has their own in house custom label printer. There's simply no need for a label company anymore. Remember all those printing companies that you'd see every few blocks in the 90's? They're almost all gone, anyone who needs anything quick can just get it done at Staples. Deco only continues to exist cause they were an established business with an existing clientele, and with that advantage it's much easier to specialize and thereby stay in business. I'd also take an educated guess that their building is most likely paid off, so their overhead will be reasonable. Finally from what I understand the business is run by Randy, Dumb and Dumber had minimal to no influence.