Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario licence plate changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

03DSG

Apr 5, 2016
Ontario
New slogan coming to Ontario licence plates on budget day AND A RUMOUR (that I didn’t start) that the front plate may be eliminated on passenger vehicles. PLEASE let this come about :) :) :)

If it does indeed come about PLEASE let Fabian of Evelyn Protective Films and Coatings be able to remove my front factory Tesla plate mount without wrecking the amazing PPF job he did prior to attachment ;)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the mount is stuck on, not screwed.

Its fastened with double sided tape only. No screws or holes at all. If they change the rules than one way or another mine is coming off.

Screws shown in the picture are for mounting the plate to the bracket:

ECB607EC-9F86-4DAC-B5D5-C85E38FE0C37.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, this is hilarious (at least to me.... :) ). After just posting the above I went out to the garage and gave the front plate bracket a medium tug from the top left corner........This is the result. It just popped off all at once and the PPF underneath is perfect:

NOT going back on:

1BF1E71B-BEB4-4B02-BCA1-B4340616C2A3.jpeg

D40B61BF-EC33-4E0B-9940-31F896C08526.jpeg

Last edited:
New slogan coming to Ontario licence plates on budget day AND A RUMOUR (that I didn’t start) that the front plate may be eliminated on passenger vehicles. PLEASE let this come about :) :) :)

If it does indeed come about PLEASE let Fabian of Evelyn Protective Films and Coatings be able to remove my front factory Tesla plate mount without wrecking the amazing PPF job he did prior to attachment ;)
I like the idea of not having a front license plate because the car will look better, however I have concerns of accidents. It will be much harder to identify a car if the only identification piece is on the back of the car.

OK, this is hilarious (at least to me.... :) ). After just posting the above I went out to the garage and gave the front plate bracket a medium tug from the top left corner........This is the result. It just popped off all at once and the PPF underneath is perfect:

NOT going back on:

View attachment 393304

View attachment 393305

How long ago do u have it? I am worried that the paint will come off as well. Can u show us a picture of the front?

How long ago do u have it? I am worried that the paint will come off as well. Can u show us a picture of the front?

The plate bracket has been on since July. It was installed on top of the paint protection film. It just popped off leaving no damage at all.

NOTE: It probably came off more easily as it was installed on top of PPF treated with Feynlab PPF and Vinyl Ceramic.

6EC825BE-A226-48D3-9F8B-4E6A7B5CB075.jpeg

I’m pretty sure that they will be issuing as many tickets as they can before the bill comes into effect.
Can’t wait for what he has instore for passanger vehicles. I hope it’s ‘Ford Nation’ because that would be appropriate.
Green vehicles should have a cannabis leaf on them as a symbol!
And once they open the new ‘Rob Ford safe injection sites and needle exchange’ in premium real estate locations, the next government can start a ‘Make Ontario Great Again’ campaign.