Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open/Close Door Features Exclusive to X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
don't burn me at the stake, but i go through the automatic car washes all the time...but i leave it in "drive" and the doors stay locked while i get "re-gen" through the wash, lol.
Sorry for the newbie question here as I haven’t taken delivery yet, but if it’s an automatic brushless car wash, what’s the harm? I’m cool with washing my own car if it’s nice out, but if it’s in the middle of an east coast winter and the car is covered in road salt etc, I’m planning to use the car wash regularly.

Sorry for the newbie question here as I haven’t taken delivery yet, but if it’s an automatic brushless car wash, what’s the harm? I’m cool with washing my own car if it’s nice out, but if it’s in the middle of an east coast winter and the car is covered in road salt etc, I’m planning to use the car wash regularly.

Nothing wrong with the brushless car washes ...it’s the overused micro fibers they use to dry your car with ....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hope I never buy a car from you o_Oo_O Those cars who have been driven through those grinding machines really look nonshiny and scratchy after a while.
you won't have to worry about that, this is a lease... :)

i would like to purchase my next tesla though because i didn't think that i would like driving it so much. now i'm toast on over-mileage.

Touch would be cool, but unless they take some precautions I suspect that the doors would be triggered by ice/snow/mud etc...

The hard press is sometimes too soft. People that drive X into a car wash and forget to lock seem to experience that their doors open mid-wash due to water pressing the buttons. Push buttons probably have to be harder by design than pull buttons to prevent such events.

Has a new owner of MX, seems to be a lot to absorb. I love the MX, something new everyday to learn.

I have been wondering when the doors lock on the MX. If you are at supercharger, power off are doors lock while I’m inside.
I mention these ‘cause I noticed it referenced about problems in car washes and door locking (I can’t tell when doors are locked when I’m inside. What am I missing? )

Secondly, I read in OM that it was not recommended to go though auto car washes with brushes or high power spray due to possible sensor damage, esp with AP.

851FD489-AE53-459C-B76D-B50A7FC4F208.jpeg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would never take a Tesla into a drive-thru car wash.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would never take a Tesla into a drive-thru car wash.

Well, I read that also in OM, so I was wondering if I missed something. I get hand wash only and found out about this devise from a friend that I use between washes.