Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open plastic flap underneath car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone identify what this plastic flap is? Just noticed it as I was walking to my car. Its a 2020 M3SR+. The flap is pretty much underneath the front passenger seat under the car. I attached a few pics.
96386FF8-8EC3-49EC-9BEF-61BEE4BEC634.png
B181B2EE-F7CA-4E63-B91D-8D60CF782380.png

A bit hard to tell - is that part of the underbody "shield"? Looks like it got damaged, likely from something scraping it. You can try pushing it back into place so it lays flat. Or duct tape it into place :)

Can anyone identify what this plastic flap is? Just noticed it as I was walking to my car. Its a 2020 M3SR+. The flap is pretty much underneath the front passenger seat under the car. I attached a few pics. View attachment 849362View attachment 849364
Those flaps (there are multiple ones) cover screws that hold the underbody rocker panel trim in place. You can try pushing it back into place to cover the hole, but it looks like you scraped it on something and the plastic might not pop back into place. If it doesn't stay in place, I'd suggest just cutting it with a utility knife.

Those flaps (there are multiple ones) cover screws that hold the underbody rocker panel trim in place. You can try pushing it back into place to cover the hole, but it looks like you scraped it on something and the plastic might not pop back into place. If it doesn't stay in place, I'd suggest just cutting it with a utility knife.
or ductape in place. either works. that plastic flap is supposed to keep dirt accumulating over the rocker panel trim screw.

You could also order a replacement plastic trim piece. You can look up the part number at Tesla's online catalog epc.tesla.com and make a service appointment on the Tesla app to just order the part from your nearest service center.
i had to replace both trim pieces and that piece is around $300ish (EACH) with service center install. For that amount i'd duc tape that small hole