Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chrome delete would be so nice, but how are you designing it? To be wrapped (i.e., must disassemble the trim) or easier version where you just install as-is?

I've been struggling with to go gloss or matte for my exterior accents like CF spoiler and mirror caps from RPM, as well as my eventual chrome delete on my red M3.

~Paik

Gloss Black and Matte Black, likely also Brushed Black and Carbon.

The Matte Black Model 3 reveal car had a Gloss Black chrome delete which looked sharp.

676e8253610dfa927d91956f7c2afe31.jpg

@Kenriko,

Love it all. Personally haven’t decided whether I’m going Matte, Gloss or otherwise. Need to peruse some photos and make some decisions in that arena.

Ski

I'm going to run some experiments with wood grain once I get some samples in.

Steering Wheel wrap will likely take a few weeks just because I'm slammed with everything else at the moment, I really would like to get a chrome delete out for everyone because people charge crazy money for them now and I know I can cut that cost down drastically for you guys.

(I've heard of shops charging $750 - $1000 for chrome delete .. just crazy)
That is awesome. I am still waiting for my car, so I have time on my hand. I was waiting all along for the white interior, but finally caved and placed my order about 10 days ago.

BTW, for the chrome-delete would this be in multiple pieces per window trim, i.e. will there be seams visible?

Hi @Kenriko , just installed the brushed black metal kit! Your video was super informative and the tips you gave were spot on. I pieced together your strategy and installed the very thin strip at the very top without much issues.

Question : What are the two bonus '3' logos used for? Or, if its an open decision, what have people done with them?

:D

Cheers Sir!

Sorry guys, trust me it's super frustrating on my end too. Fedex sat on my inventory for nearly week due to the holiday (going only 200mi from Houston to Dallas) and then Amazon has been sitting on the inventory in their warehouse for the last 4 days without checking it in (literally just scanning the items and placing them on a shelf) - I think they are super busy prepping for "Prime Day".

Any day now *fingers crossed*