Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried installation of the mirror portions by actually removing the mirror? Looking online, it doesn't seem that difficult or dangerous and seems like it'd be overall much easier/reliable to deal with than trying to shimmy the wrap with water and such.

I have an extra mirror off the car that I used for test fitting. It's not much easier, not worth the effort IMO.

How much stretch will the vinyl see on matrix black? I'm worried it will mess up the texture. Whoever ordered it please report back.

It's cut not to need stretching, the pattern should not be affected.

finally opened my box, holy shippping tubes batman :p i like the wood model 3 plaque

Those tubes are a PITA to pack but it makes sure it does not get damaged when Jimmy the post office guy chucks the box 50 yards while trying to relive his days as a high school quarterback.

That was Satin. I don't know what level tint that was but generally I'd recommend 20% Xpel Prime. I have 15% on my car.

20% Xpel Prime (XR+) on my car as well, pic for reference.

20190304_090428.jpg

Door Handle Install Video. Camera (turn signal) video also just around the corner. Door trim video will be live before the weekend.

Another great vid, thanks Kenriko!

~~~~~~~

My kit literally just arrived and I thought I'd share an quick unboxing.

Looks to be bomb-proof packaging, but luckily no academic football memories re-lived by USPS from what I can tell (for a change!). Extra packing tape on all sides to keep it snug in transit:

20190816_103443.jpg 20190816_103515.jpg

Opened and untouched, *whiiiiif* smell that delicious mix of matrix black vinyl and laser etched wood:
20190816_103559.jpg

Basic contents sprawled out a bit:

20190816_103739.jpg

Damn that's a lot of packing tubes but they make great cooking/eating utinsil holders for camping:

20190816_110550.jpg

Nooo, thank YOU Kenriko!

20190816_103812.jpg

20190816_104329.jpg

Last edited:
It can be arranged if needed PM me.

Sure thing, i did think about it. We’ll see how it holds up. I’m worried about not getting it tucked completely on the top and rain/washes pulling it up. I thought it made more sense to line it up just right with the trim...no overlap. Silly.

Also, have you noticed that all of your paper instructions for each section say “watch video for mirror installation”?